Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Recovery Team for the Chupacabra 300 Oct 1

Recovery Team for the Chupacabra 300 Oct 1

I've been talking to Chris Leitner from Baja Racing Texas and they are looking for some volunteers to help form recovery/support teams for the Chupacabra 300, which is taking place September 29 - October 2. Basically this is a 300 mile closed course race on a 50 mile loop in the Texana Ranch that will be both day and night. For recovery there will be roughly 8 teams that each have their own zone and in that zone they will be responsible for keeping the track clear and aiding the racers. Each team will need a vehicle or two that can handle normal recovery stuff and will be supplied with a trail guide that knows the ranch (Ross Creek Trail Riders).

Also Chris is planning on having a weekend of wheeling before the race for anybody who is wanting to help so he can go over details and what-not.
    - Which was Awesome

I'm definitively wanting to go and taking the dodge so I got 3-4 seats open and could tow someone, who's interested?

Update-
    This is coming up and I need confirmations ASAP. I've got a nearby room that has 2 or 3 beds and floor space if need be, the beds are taken but will be open for people wanting to shower or sleep on the floor. Also Sunday wheeling will be allowed.

Things you'll get
    - Recovery T-shirt with reflective ink
    - Hand held radio to communicate
    - GPS file of race track and ranch
    - A Trail Guide

Requirements for recovery vehicles and participants
    - Front and rear tow points
    - Additional lighting (not just head lights)
    - Sober (during the race)
    - Must have attended at least 1 TAMOR off-road trip or made other arrangements with me to demonstrate common Safety knowledge

Recovery Teams

Travis with the Dodge, probably towing Tommy
    -one open seat
    -Hopefully leaving Thursday

Tommy with the Bronco

Hudson (hudhawk) with a Taco

Just Watching the Race

Wants to help, but needs a ride

Matt ?
    Sam
    Adam ?
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 09-13-2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Sounds like a perfect place to test out the bronco.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    I'm in
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

In
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

I'm interested. It sounds awesome.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

I'm glad there is some interest, I think this is a great opportunity for tamor and could be a lot of fun. I should find out more information next week, but if you would be interested in using your own vehicle and tools for recovery and getting more than one "recovery team" post up.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

I spoke with Chris and he said we are GTG and to let him know how many people and rigs we can get to help out. Also he is working on getting the Texana Ranch to open up the first weekend of September so we can get our selves familiarized with the place and go over what needs to be done.

And another thing:

Chris is having a DVD release party at some speedy shop in San Antonio September 24, might be cool if your in the area.
    Born to Kill

Potentially in.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

I spoke with Chris again, which was excited to see our interest on the forums, and the pre-run for recovery teams is set for labor day weekend, this will be a private event so we will have a chance to meet with all the people running the event and the ross creek trail riders who will be our guides. This will be a big chance to learn what all is going down and to get a feel for the ranch and I will definitively be there. Chris has the club house reserved with probably ~5 beds open and I know me and Tommy call dibs on two (no homo).

I think this is a great opportunity for our club to get some national exposure and should be very exciting so if you're interested post up so we can get a head count. Also we got mentioned on BRT's facebook and might even get our logo thrown in with their sponsors. Here's the link http://www.facebook.com/BajaRacingTexas so go like it.

Born to Kill

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    I think this is a great opportunity for our club to get some national exposure and should be very exciting so if you're interested post up so we can get a head count. Also we got mentioned on BRT's facebook and might even get our logo thrown in with their sponsors. Here's the link http://www.facebook.com/BajaRacingTexas so go like it.
    Good Work!
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Cool! I'm out for Labor Day weekend (trip planned), but I still want to go to the main event.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Good Work!
    Thanks Karl

Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
    Cool! I'm out for Labor Day weekend (trip planned), but I still want to go to the main event.
    Just FYI RV hook-ups are first come first serve and will probably go fast for the main event, a lot of west coast guys and big sponsors are suppose to be showing up.

The facebook page only had about 695 likes, let's see if we can get than over 700 to show a little support?
    Born to Kill

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
    Ya me too. Ive got family in town. Ill still be at the main event though.
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by NealtheDestroyr View Post
    Ya me too. Ive got family in town. Ill still be at the main event though.
    That works dude, and for anyone else you don't have to come out on labor day to still help but at least try to let me know if your planning on making the race and or if you're going to help out so I can get a head count by labor day.
    Born to Kill

Where the **** is the Texana Ranch?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"