Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Recovery Team for the Chupacabra 300 Oct 1

That is funny. Not doing that again. That got really close to costing me some money.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

I'll know more this evening.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

From what I know the baja track will be open, not sure about what else. Also Baja Racing of Texas will have 5 rigs out there so it should be pretty cool and there is plenty of room in the lodge which cost's $25 per person per night. Should be an awesome time. Here is a link to the lodge: http://thetexanaranch.com/Texana/Lodging.html

As of right now I guess I'm the only one taking a vehicle and Sam and Tommy are Riding?
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Shaggy are you coming out? do you want a place to sleep?
    Born to Kill

I'm going to my beach house instead. If I could come next month I probably would.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Awesome trip and awesome people, ill do a full write up with pictures and videos when we get back.
    Born to Kill

Tommy and I went out to the Texana Ranch to work out the recovery details with Chris and Greg from Baja Racing Texas (http://www.bajaracingtexas.com/) and what an awesome trip this turned out to be. The Texana ranch and BRT are definitely bringing off-roading, not just racing, to a new level in Texas. Gramps and Carl, the ranch owners, have made a paradise for all types of off-roading out there, Matt, the ranch foreman, does a great job at keeping the hunting side of the ranch and off-roading side operating smoothly and the guys with BRT definitively know how to promote racing. I'll be starting a new thread with new recovery and race info soon.

We had a sweet stay in the 15 person hunting lodge which was lacking nothing as far as comforts go. The Ross Creek Trail riders have a killer headquarters set-up with about 60 RV hook-ups and a awesome dining area which included an in-ground swimming pool. Here is an early morning shot from the lodge:

We started off Saturday with a tour of the ranch that quickly turned into us chasing the pro-truck in the 4 seater razer. I was thoroughly impressed with how fast a razer with 4 people and Carl's driving the blue truck was.
    Big jump:

Through the gate:

In the Razer

We spent the rest of the trip either riding around in the Dodge or some type of UTV and finished off every night with great food, cool people and plenty of cold beer.

Here is my weak atemp at Baja

I'm working on uploading pictures
    Born to Kill

few more pictures:

Born to Kill

Sounds and looks like a hell of a time. I'll definitely have to tag along next time.
    SHUT UP AND WHEEL

Update, This was added to the first post and I'll keep the list updated there-

This is coming up and I need confirmations ASAP. I've got a nearby room that has 2 or 3 beds and floor space if need be, the beds are taken but will be open for people wanting to shower or sleep on the floor. Also Sunday wheeling will be allowed.

Things you'll get
    - Recovery T-shirt with reflective ink
    - Hand held radio to communicate
    - GPS file of race track and ranch
    - A Trail Guide

Requirements for recovery vehicles and participants
    - Front and rear tow points
    - Additional lighting (not just head lights)
    - Sober (during the race)
    - Must have attended at least 1 TAMOR off-road trip or made other arrangements with me to demonstrate common Safety knowledge

Recovery Teams

Travis with the Dodge, probably towing Tommy
    -one open seat
    -Hopefully leaving Thursday

Just Watching the Race

Wants to help, but too lazy/poor to bring a vehicle

Matt ?
    Sam ?
    Adam ?
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 09-12-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    Born to Kill

I am coming
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Im attending. Ill be bringing the Taco, Hopefully ill have my new leaf pack and shocks before the race.

Quote Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post
    Im attending. Ill be bringing the Taco, Hopefully ill have my new leaf pack and shocks before the race.
    Awesome and welcome and here is the link to introduce yourself http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthre...read.../page13

If you're wanting to help make some time where you can come by my place (pm for directions) so we can go over some stuff
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Awesome and welcome and here is the link to introduce yourself http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthre...read.../page13

If you're wanting to help make some time where you can come by my place (pm for directions) so we can go over some stuff
    Just got done with my intro, and ill pm you.

Registered User NealtheDestroyr's Avatar
    I might have a school conflict with this event so i might have to leave a day early.
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." — Robert Heinlein