Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Clayton Christmas Carnage '11

I would say a bronco would be overweight for 7k trailer. Just saying.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

it could have happened if he over tightend the spindle nut when he greased the bearings causing them to overheat and then seize

Bronco report:
    -battery was dying before we left but it wasn't dead so I couldn't go warranty it at napa. It died on the trail so I warrantied it out at the clayton napa.
    -Beat the **** out of the doors. Neither one will open.
    -Blew a fuse to the radio and tach.

All in all I was pretty happy with it. I need to figure out the fuel injection problems. I think it's a wiring problem. I redid the computer grounds and it seemed like it fixed the problem. After 30 min on the trail it came back.

Locker held up and i really didn't have any major prolems.
    Last edited by TdmayfieldIV; 12-18-2011 at 11:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Well he tightened the spindle nut with a pair of channel locks, so if anything they were too loose.
    F*ck off cj.

Had a blast out at Clayton and it was great meeting everyone! Thanks again to Busa for letting Amanda and I ride along with him yesterday through all the real trails. Thought i made it out of Clayton with the only damage to my little JK being a mangled exhaust tip, but after driving it all the way home this morning I noticed the back Diff is leaking, hopefully its just a seal i'll look into it more tomorrow. I have tons of pics, Ill post them on facebook tomorrow.
    Last edited by Kyle.; 12-18-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Not necessarily. On trailer axles you tighten the spindle nut until you feel a bit of rotation resistance. Then back it off until the next notch for the cotter pin or retainer clip. At least that is how I have done it. You don't set much pre-load on that bearing at all. Any how, it looks like a lubrication issue to me.

BTW. You are either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid to continue to tow the bronco on three wheels for that distance. I would be pretty leery.
    Last edited by 85cj7; 12-18-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjuch View Post
    Well I played a little hard on Wet & Wild yesterday before heading back to the trailer. Pulled it off the trailer today and both of my autozone blocks on the back axle sheared off their center pins and the axle is tilted upwards
    Good time to ditch the blocks!
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonjuch View Post
    Well I played a little hard on Wet & Wild yesterday before heading back to the trailer. Pulled it off the trailer today and both of my autozone blocks on the back axle sheared off their center pins and the axle is tilted upwards
    Hecho en Mexico
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    Not necessarily. On trailer axles you tighten the spindle nut until you feel a bit of rotation resistance. Then back it off until the next notch for the cotter pin or retainer clip. At least that is how I have done it. You don't set much pre-load on that bearing at all. Any how, it looks like a lubrication issue to me.

BTW. You are either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid to continue to tow the bronco on three wheels for that distance. I would be pretty leery.
    incredibly brave

we went slow
    F*ck off cj.

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post

Thank you Ryan, I would really like to watch you explain to John at cardoc about how he should fix his own ****ing trailer

It was a 250 mile trip, with a 5k lbs Bronco and a 2k lbs trailer which is neither long or heavy. This trip was way too awesome to talk about our ride home, and honestly it wasn't that bad. The worst part was walking past the pigs only to have them spook behind us and run away.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Awesome trip
    BDR

Quote Originally Posted by KY. View Post
    Had a blast out at Clayton and it was great meeting everyone! Thanks again to Busa for letting Amanda and I ride along with him yesterday through all the real trails. Thought i made it out of Clayton with the only damage to my little JK being a mangled exhaust tip, but after driving it all the way home this morning I noticed the back Diff is leaking, hopefully its just a seal i'll look into it more tomorrow. I have tons of pics, Ill post them on facebook tomorrow.
    if you went through wome water you may have filled up the diff with some water and now stuff is leaking out, you may just need to drain the fluid mix and re fill with good oil

Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    if you went through wome water you may have filled up the diff with some water and now stuff is leaking out, you may just need to drain the fluid mix and re fill with good oil
    He went through a LOT of water on Friday going up Waterfall.

ill be your pickup man
    Yeah, my D60 is vomiting chocolate milk.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4