Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Tbi problems

Fred was right. One of the wires came off the little posts on the icm. I haven't given it a full test drive but it seems to work fine now. I'm still wanting for more top end. It has always been lacking since I got rid of the carb. I think the timing curve is too shallow. This motor loves more advanced timing. In Colorado I had it at 13* advanced without pinging and it screamed. With the change in altitude I had to retard the timing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

****'s still ****ed. I have better symptoms now that I bought a tach.

It hates WOT. If its idling and I floor it it will stumble to 2500rpm then go
    When driving i'll be cruising around and then the tach needle will bounce around a little and it will stumble, then it catches itself and goes.

Check engine light will come on after 5-10 minutes of driving

I have replaced the following things
    -fuel pump
    -strainer and filter
    I blew out the lines with the air compressor too
    -computer
    -icm
    -tps
    -icm wiring
    -icm ground (this has been an issue since the summer. It kept coming loose and shutting off. (that's what happened on the baja course btw)
    -coil wiring (also has been an issue for a while)

This all started out of the blue while driving to alto, I was cruising at 60mph and the light came on and it started backfiring.

Flem believes it to be the memcal/chip, but i'm an idiot and forgot to order it. Maybe the chip is toast from the near fire mishap at katemcy. It seems like that's when I started having issues

I'm hoping flem will remember to burn me a new chip for clayton.
    F*ck off cj.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    You might want to check with him on that....I don't think he shines shoes no more.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

That's unfortunate because my shoes can only be shined by very few people. They are rare shoes, so rare that people who normally would shine shoes that look similar will not shine these shoes because they don't know how to shine them. They fear that shining said shoes could result in even less shiny shoes, shoes that will not protect my feet from the ground anymore.

Being that I know nothing about my shoes and my shoes have an ignition problem I am going to get a megasquirt computer and remake the soles of my shoes myself. I think my new shoes will not control my ignition, as a msd 6al box will do that fine. My shoes will get a new distributor, ignition box, bad dood coil, all new wiring, megasquirt computer and then Maybe my shoes will help me run like a raped ape again.

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_arti...part1-nova.htm

Maybe when my shoes work well again I can return to computer controlled ignition with the megasquirt shoe computer.
    Last edited by TdmayfieldIV; 12-19-2011 at 02:26 PM.
    F*ck off cj.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    You are such a fag.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    That's unfortunate because my shoes can only be shined by very few people. They are rare shoes, so rare that people who normally would shine shoes that look similar will not shine these shoes because they don't know how to shine them. They fear that shining said shoes could result in even less shiny shoes, shoes that will not protect my feet from the ground anymore.

Being that I know nothing about my shoes and my shoes have an ignition problem I am going to get a megasquirt computer and remake the soles of my shoes myself. I think my new shoes will not control my ignition, as a msd 6al box will do that fine. My shoes will get a new distributor, ignition box, bad dood coil, all new wiring, megasquirt computer and then Maybe my shoes will help me run like a raped ape again.

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_arti...part1-nova.htm

Maybe when my shoes work well again I can return to computer controlled ignition with the megasquirt shoe computer.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

02 sensor fail...........i think it works again. For a week at least, until the next thing ****s up
    Last edited by TdmayfieldIV; 02-10-2012 at 02:27 AM.
    F*ck off cj.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    I think you may owe some people an apology.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I think you may owe some people an apology.
    It's still ****... Who welds the o2 bung on and only leaves a 1/16 inch of clearance from the frame?
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

probably needs motor mounts

sounds like you got it under control Travis

Tommy won't listen to me.

Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Lather rinse repeat
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

I'll order him mounts at work tomorrow. He can put them on the bronco sunday.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

The mounts aren't bad.
    Born to Kill

I dont remember blaming anyone. I was just asking for help.
    F*ck off cj.