View Poll Results: Where to go November 12-13

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • BVORR

2 11.11%
  • Hidden Falls Adventure Park - Marble Falls, Tx (2 hrs. 58 mins.)

11 61.11%
  • Canyons Off Road Park - Fredericksburg, Tx (3 hrs. 36 mins.)

0 0%
  • BMRA - Gilmer, Tx (4 hrs.)

5 27.78%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: November 12-13

We can, but that brings the total up to $70 and that is IF we have 12 or more RIGS.

i will be at gilmer regardless of noob attendance.

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

*** So you want to go to Hidden Falls to Save $10 IF you have 12 or more rigs? Good plan!

ill be your pickup man
    Gilmer appears to be $30/day for a rig and $10/night....So Saturday morning thru Sunday is $70. Hidden Falls is $55 for the same time span.(IF we hvae 12 rigs. I doubt we would, and I would ASSume that the price would then be about the same as Gilmer)

Riders at Gilmer for Sat-Sun = $20
    Riders at Hidden Falls = $ 35

I have never heard much talk about Hidden Falls on the forums, and while I would like to wheel there, changing the venue 8 days prior is bull****. I would hate for everyone that says they are going to Hiddens Falls bail at the last second and the people that planned ahead, got screwed, then changed their plans to go to Hidden Falls, show up.

We need a hard count on who is going to Hidden Falls on the forum ASAP.

I am working in Denton next week, so I was planning on bringing the Bronco with me this coming Monday for the Gilmer trip.
    Last edited by JB; 11-03-2011 at 03:55 PM.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    *** So you want to go to Hidden Falls to Save $10 IF you have 12 or more rigs? Good plan!
    Exact opposite, we had suggested Marble Falls as an alternative and it sounded great to everyone (closer, figured pricing would be better), but then I found out that the fees were the same. I am playing Devil's Advocate here.

I don't know much about either place, but obviously $10 bucks isn't much of a difference. My IF was me trying to quietly imply that we may as well go to the proven venue, i.e. Gilmer. Because what will really happen (based off of previous experience) is that half of the guys who said they wanted to go, won't go, and that will leave us with maybe 5 rigs paying essentially the same amount of money to wheel a place that virtually nobody knows a thing about. That being said, there is no reason why we can't have one group go to Marble Falls and one go to Gilmer if there is that much interest in both. Different strokes for different folks.
    Last edited by MR.ZAP; 11-03-2011 at 04:49 PM.

JB- sometimes plans change, sorry but it was mentioned before the meeting, on the forums, that location may change.

The problem was that at the meeting not one member (except Sam and he was on the fence) expressed the slightest interest in going to Gilmer. In fact everyone with a rig made it a point to say they were not going to Gilmer. This lead to discussion about other venues and the majority of members committed to going to Gilmer. I made the points that: in reality $80 isn't much, wheeling ain't cheap and new members have to show interest on the forums to get **** planned.

It's ridiculous to flip-flop about this.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    new members have to show interest on the forums to get **** planned.
    Agreed 100%

Regardless of my feelings on the matter, the current majority vote is for Marble Falls, and that is where I will be heading next weekend.
    Last edited by MR.ZAP; 11-03-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    why can't we go up there friday?
    There is nothing stopping you?

Well it doesn't make it any easier that the other thread got deleted but all I saw was 1 definite and 2-3 maybes for Gilmer.

I suggest going with whatever can get the most votes by Sunday (for JB ) and be done with it.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Sounds like you had JB, Cookie, and Flem willing to go to Gilmer. Hell I would go to Gilmer but I am joining the wife in a track day thing she is doing with her car.

Before ya'll make an uninformed decision, Gilmer is WELL marked and RATED so you always know what you are getting into with the trails. Apparently this year they redid the access roads, and there are great shaded and protected camp spots with fairly decent bathroom/shower facilities. Hidden Falls is a Dust Bowl, but a huge property. 6 half dozen the other with me, I am not going so I have no voice.

BTW if anyone wants to go to Clayton tomorrow I am playing hookie from work and making a day run

ill be your pickup man
    Why was the thread deleted?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

To limit confusion. If there is going to be two different trips, we can open it back up.
    Last edited by MR.ZAP; 11-03-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    Sounds like you had JB, Cookie, and Flem willing to go to Gilmer. Hell I would go to Gilmer but I am joining the wife in a track day thing she is doing with her car.

Before ya'll make an uninformed decision, Gilmer is WELL marked and RATED so you always know what you are getting into with the trails. Apparently this year they redid the access roads, and there are great shaded and protected camp spots with fairly decent bathroom/shower facilities. Hidden Falls is a Dust Bowl, but a huge property. 6 half dozen the other with me, I am not going so I have no voice.

BTW if anyone wants to go to Clayton tomorrow I am playing hookie from work and making a day run
    One definite (cook) two maybes (JB and Flem) and zero other members. Hidden Falls was suggested by members at the meeting as most of the people wanting to go wheel (but not go to Gilmer) have already been there and enjoy the place.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Why was the thread deleted?
    I'll re-open the thread, I don't think it should have been deleted.
    Born to Kill

i dont care where we go, but Im coming and bringing beer and women

Quote Originally Posted by KY. View Post
    Winning
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by KY. View Post
    Pics or gtfo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.