Thread: Favorite Rig Mods

Threaded View

ill be your pickup man

Favorite Rig Mods

So in a mild effort to liven up the board and possibly get the newer guys involved, I wanted to start a thread that could give others ideas on what works and what doesn't work on their rig.

I don't mean "I did 1 tons and 40s and now it kicks ass". Things like sliders, winches, lockers should be obvious. More about the little things. For example, one of my favorite mods is my tool storage. A couple years ago, I bought a chest-type tool box and bolted it to the Bronco's floorboard. It is very accessible and very easy to open. No ratchet straps holding it down or anything. I do not have to climb up and into the rig to get to everything. I use beer bottle boxes to keep everything organized inside.

Going along with this is the way I (with Colman's assisatance) mounted my Hi-lift. There are two lug studs welded to my cage and the jack slides onto them and it is held on by wingnuts. No one likes having to bust out the Hi-lift, but mine is very accesible and gets used alot.

For my spare axleshafts and driveshats, I use those bags that camp chairs come in. They are the perfect length and some have zippers to keep everythign in.

Tube doors are another favorite. More for a dedicated trail rig, I love the extra visibilty, and they would be pretty easy to make.

The mod that allows me to have the most fun on the trail though, well that is a trailer

Contributions to the thread apprectiated.
    Last edited by JB; 11-09-2011 at 06:56 PM.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4