Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire Talk

Looking for new tires for the dd.

Right now I have bfg all terrains. Suck in the rain but they're solid tires. Rear tires are completely bald, fronts still have 25%.

Options

1. Buy 2 new bfg all-terrains for now, 2 later. Light on the wallet

2. Buy 4 of

-Toyo open country ATII's
    -Bridgestone dueler At's

One thing I ran into on the toyo's is that there are 2 different prices, I assume one is U.S made, the other is chinese?

JB, where were yours made?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    You won't buy them, but michelins suck off road, but drive straight as a train on road. I'm very cheap, and on the death 250 and my duramax I run michelins. I think I am on my 3rd set, everyone has clocked over 70k miles with very little maintenance. You have a bronco if you want to off road bro'
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Michelins. Worth every penny. 99,700 miles on Michelin LTX a/s that came with the truck. 75,000 on Michelin LTX m/s2 so far (they're getting close though).

The m/s2 have done fine in casual "offroad" situations a typical tow rig would run into. Only problem I've had was trying to make a u-turn on the side of a hill in the muddy parking area at DSO...however, it really was slicker than greased owl karl out there.
    BDR

If I were to buy tires for a full size SUV or bigger I would put Michelins on it. Had them in the past and was very impressed.

Do 2 Michelins now and 2 in a few months

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    The michelins on my truck are ok at the deer lease, but when you see a mud spot or whatever and you think, can I make it? With michelins, turn around. With bfg's or nittos, hammer down!

That being said, that situation happens to me once a year, and it never happens when I have to get thru there and there is no other way.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I am thinking about putting a set of Falken Wildpeak ATs on the truck. I had horrible luck with my last set of Michelin MS2s they only lasted about 17k miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

interesting Discount says those tires are $16 cheaper in Dallas vs Houston
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

What about the falken rocky mountain ats? I have a buddy that runs them on his Cummins 4 door long bed and they are holding up great. I believe he has around 30k on them and look to still be at about 60% to me.

As far as off road is concerned, I think he has only been in sand with them and didn't have complaints. Plus they are reasonably priced.
    1988 Comanche auto, 4.0, 4x4, 8.8 rear trussed, Dana 30 trussed, SYE np231, Serious Offroad long arms, 9.5" of lift, 35's, lockers

Quote Originally Posted by zebvance View Post
    What about the falken rocky mountain ats? I have a buddy that runs them on his Cummins 4 door long bed and they are holding up great. I believe he has around 30k on them and look to still be at about 60% to me.

As far as off road is concerned, I think he has only been in sand with them and didn't have complaints. Plus they are reasonably priced.

That's the link I posted
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

I had the falkens on my old truck, they were awesome. They were quiet, did well on the highway and I only got stuck once with that truck. They weren't very good on traction but maybe that was just my Legendary 7.3 up front.

I had michelins on the suburban for a while and I honestly believe you won't find a better highway tire, but we switched away because of traction issues on boat ramps.

Decide if you're going to sell your truck before you spend a grand on good tires. If you're going to sell it, buy some craigslist tires.
    Last edited by Sparling; 05-08-2014 at 11:35 PM.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Does this work?

http://www.treaddepot.com/tirelist.h...ckfind=2657516

You know how to work a tire machine right? Order them online.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

I like the falkens when they're new, but after 20k miles they look like ****. The tread siping is really shallow so they all of the lugs look like one solid piece before they're at 40% tread..
    F*ck off cj.

Michelins. Ryno ran his down to racing slicks and beyond and they held up fine. Since your truck is 2wd you should stay out of the mud anyway.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

F*ck off cj.