Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rigs Sam will never have

here, http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2694374854.html then buy all my old **** and put 32s on it.

I will go 11k and I keep my tires and wheels.
    Ryan Busa
    CP# 972-281-7106
    rbusatoy@hotmail.com

You will not build what you want cheaper than you can buy it already done. I was going to suggest buying Busa's jeep, but not sure how long until you graduate.

Like Tate said, there are plenty of good rigs for sale for 10 and under. Instead of taking 2 years and $20k to build a rig worth $10k you could just save money for a year and buy it.

If you're set on building your own, build one just like Busa's. Just don't keep track of the cost. A 4.0 YJ is a dam good place to start.

Clone the hippy's toyota. Cheapest you'll get into something reliable. I like Jason's (besides the colors ) but the V8 swap was the first step down a long dark path
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

i know that I couldnt build one for cheaper than I could buy, but I was gonna build as I could afford. I have 3 semesters till I graduate
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

My original idea was to buy Rodneys toyota, but Busa told me this weekend that he sold it.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Chief
    This thread brings the funny!
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Clone the hippy's toyota. Cheapest you'll get into something reliable. I like Jason's (besides the colors ) but the V8 swap was the first step down a long dark path
    Both.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    My original idea was to buy Rodneys toyota, but Busa told me this weekend that he sold it.
    That sucks. It would have been perfect. I was thinking about it as a family wheeler starting point. But then I realized even a conversion was beyond my attention span right now.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

I don't keep good track of what I have in my toyota but to give you kind of an idea not including the random fasteners and trips to the metal place.
    the way i see it you can build a toyota like mine for less than 4,000, i wasted some money on the rims off the bat and if you can find a cheap running one even better

$900 non-running 85 toyota regular cab
    $600 used 305 on propane with 3 tanks
    $500 for the chevy engine to toyota manual 5 speed transmission adapter and parts
    $100 to assemble some clutch parts
    $1200 for recentered double beadlock h1's with all the extra goodies and H1 tires... you could go a cheaper used rim and tire route.
    $40 for chevy 63" rear leaf springs
    rear up front front leaf packs made from your stock old rear springs and another free set.
    $400 for 4.7 tcase gears
    weld the rear axle
    $120 for cheap shocks
    ------------
    $3860
    i know i forgot some things and i know i have spent way more than this but i did stupid things,, dont buy a brand new radiator, dont buy custom hummer rims, use the stock steelies with used tires.

on my radiator build i probably dropped another $400
    the engine swap probably cost me a **** ton

the only problems my toyota has had are radiator lines leaking from the rear mounted set up and my battery died a few times from the cables having old unlcean connections.. its cool though that with the toyotas you can buy cheap 4 link set ups and 3 links and whataver you want down the road..

P.S.-- dont run cheap aluminum lift blocks haha
    85 yota, 305 on propane, 4.7 t-case, 37" hummer tires on H1 beadlocks, rear welded

fyi. theres a toyota on texas4x4 right now for $500, their not that bad. If you get one any time soon I have enough 22re parts in my garage for you to rebuild your own fresh 22re
    85 yota, 305 on propane, 4.7 t-case, 37" hummer tires on H1 beadlocks, rear welded

One word: Cherokee. I mean...look how cool I am!
    BDR

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67 View Post
    One word: Cherokee. I mean...look how cool I am!
    Jeff conquered all the trails he wanted to with his Cherokee and a winch and road tires.. then drove to freakin colorado haha

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Cherokee, just don't go over 35's on the tire size. BDR's will soon explode when he puts the awesomeness that is 37's on it...
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Can we change the title of this thread to "Rigs Sam will never have"
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!