Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Spooby

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Oh, in that case, carry on...
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Does anybody know much about the old 302's? I have that 302 in Nick's old bronco I think I want to build up but have very little information about it.

I think it is from the early 70's and I'm pretty sure in 74-75 is when they dumped the compression ratio and went to unleaded gas? Also I think the firing order is different in the older engines?

What i'm shooting for is an EFI 302 with the best bang-for-the-buck as far as power goes, either build the one I have or swap in one from a mustang.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

There are a lot of options for a 302... Mustang/racing forums have a lot of ideas on how to get a ton of HP out of one. Before i did the axle swap, that 302 had plenty power with 35's. My plan was to put 351 heads, different intake, and bigger carb because it would fit and i had the extra parts. I just cant rmemeber all the details.

If i remember right, that 302 had the same firing order as our 83 ford. Those plug wires are still riding around in my car, and i found the dash to that eb last weekend, ill bring it by one day too.
    Nick
    '76 F250 High Boy
    '87 Wrangler

Firing order changed when they started calling it the 5.0. Mustang mass air or speed density from a truck should be pretty easy to make work. If you want the new firing order I think a cam change is all that's needed. The trucks are batch fire so you can just leave the injector wiring as is and use the old firing order. Not sure on mass air, but it's probably batch fire too.if you want to do anything but stick truck stuff I'd go with mass air.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

going to go with a mustang mass air, and I think they were not batch fire but I need to check on that
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Nick - Do you know for sure this is a 302? and what year is it? I don't think the bronco was a 76 because of the drum brake d44
    Born to Kill

Check the casting numbers
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

I know the truck injection is batch. I think mustang stuff might be sequential.
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

"It didn't just start up, it started right the **** up!"
    Born to Kill

Tonight we found a name for the bronco II. From now on she shall be referred to as spooby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

I wholeheartedly support that name
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

I saw that thing, it is not a bronco II, it is a Bronco III....
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Literally two cranks with brake cleaner and it roared into life. If only we had a driveshaft, it would be dominating the baja course right now.

And for those of you who don't know what spooby is

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

JB - I was mistaken, it doesn't have a ratchet strap for a track bar, it has two ratchet straps for tracking bars.
    Born to Kill

Born to Kill