Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: The Duke (Bronco Build-Up)

Cant see your pics, maybe bc im not on tapatalk?
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Bronco when travis bought it and now

Super cute picture in front of the Bronco Buster trail sign at Hidden Falls

Side exit exhaust

'91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Hopefully you don't sell out like Tummy...
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Talk to me about parking brakes. Right now I have a 9 inch in the back with a disk brake swap using el dorado calipers, but my problem is that I don't have the parking brake cable brackets so they don't do anything over what a chevy truck front caliper does. I can get the brackets but I have to buy new calipers to get them and everything I've read says they aren't worth it. I need something that's 5x5.5 and disk, I don't know what everyone is using that works well. I'm not opposed to a driveline brake or swapping out my rear disk setup to a different one but I want it to work well.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

I say go for the driveline break. The elderado parking brake was crap.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Jones has a pretty sweet setup, its a master cylinder up on the parking brake. You plumb your rear brake line thru it, under normal operation your rear brake line goes in it and it just passes fluid thru. When you depress the pedal on the e-brake it holds then uses the extra master cylinder.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

What about using a line lock?

Not sure what Tommy is going for, but a line lock won't pass a state inspection, The Jones fake parking brake system will as long as the guy doesn't look too close.
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

With some quick googling it looks like all I need is a remote reservoir master cylinder, some fittings, and make a bracket, seems easy enough. Does Jones have any complaints about it bleeding down? I'm sure it would take a while for it to happen but I saw someone mention that when I was googling.

No line lock. I've heard too many complaints about them not working right when you leave them on. I also don't want anything electric in my parking brake.
    There's also the option of just doing a shutoff valve but then I'd have to route brake lines inside and it also wouldn't pass inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    No line lock. I've heard too many complaints about them not working right when you leave them on. I also don't want anything electric in my parking brake.
    There's also the option of just doing a shutoff valve but then I'd have to route brake lines inside and it also wouldn't pass inspection.
    I've been planning to add a shut off valve on mine, but if you're trying to pass inspection, I don't think that would work either. I think a "real" parking brake must be all mechanical.

What are you trying to accomplish? Pass inspection, have an operational parking brake, or both?

That being said, last time my jeep was inspected, they didn't catch on that parking brake didn't do anything (it wasn't hooked to anything). They just pushed the pedal, then released it....

Both, my bronco is a stick at least for now so I'd like a better way than turning it off and leaving it in gear for the trail. There were a few times in clayton I didn't trust leaving in gear so I just stayed in the bronco instead of helping spot or watching. By law, it doesn't matter if it's mechanical or hydraulic, it just had to be separate from the rear caliper or wheel cylinder that's used under normal braking. The piggyback master cylinder isn't technically legal but would pass and not be noticed if hooked up right.

The Jegs brand electric line lock I had on Pigpen would get hot as **** when left engaged for extended periods and started to get stuck in the closed position after a year or so. I'd have to get out and whack it with a stick to get it to disengage. They're only meant for intermittent use. I'm pretty sure hydraulic brakes are not allowed at all for e-brakes.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Doesn't say what it can or can't be, just that if any one part breaks, you can't lose both systems. There's some medium duty trucks with hydraulic parking brakes.

It does say leakage is not allowed and I think they are meaning hydraulic leakage. All the big boy trucks I have seen have air brakes and the e-brake dumps the air, but I'm no diese***ogist.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette