Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: The Duke (Bronco Build-Up)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Apartment?? I'm having flashbacks to doing a motor swap in Mario's busted-ass Toyota in The Fort parking lot (formerly Sevilla, now The Lexington).
    I remember driving by and seeing that thing sitting there forever...haha.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

I got an extra set of TTB beams from BDR last year, and I'm finally getting around to experimenting with cut and turned beams. I built a jig to hold the beam at stock geometry as well as geometry for four inches of lift, so it shouldn't be too hard to get it right. Right now I've gone as far as cutting the lower ball joint out of the beam. As soon as I get the drivers side done, I'll bolt in the spare 3rd I have and see if the shaft, or u joint binds anywhere. If all is well, I'll move on to uniballs for the pivot points and radius arms.

'91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Does your jig have more than one bolt holding it there? I know nothing of this cut and turn, but seems you would need another locator. Also why are you destroying the best suspension system ever made?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Yeah, that's not a finished picture of the jig, but there's a bolt on the end of the beam that you can turn to raise and lower the beam and holds it in place.

There's pros and cons to a cut and turn which can be argued to death, but in my mind cut and turn is better than drop brackets. I also have an extra set of beams so I don't have to take anything on my bronco apart to try this to see if I can make it work.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Looks good!

If this works you will have to make me a set!
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

That means you'd have to buy another rig...

So I replaced something like 26 feet of vacuum lines in the engine bay today. It's amazing how much better it runs without all of the vacuum leaks it had.
    As soon as my rock auto order comes in it gets ball joints, and all bushings in the front then an alignment and some prayers that it passes smog in austin.

I finished up ball joints, radius arm bushings and pivot bushings this morning. I think next is radius arms, the stock style bushings don't let the arms flex at all, and they are in the way of the 37s.
    The 37s are a whole new issue, they hit everywhere. I think with thin wheel spacers in the rear and different radius arms up front though I'll be pretty good, at least wheelable.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I ran 37's and 38's on a 6 inch lift. They cleared the radius arms. Bumper had to be removed and there was one spot on the inner fender I had to cut.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

It's probably these wheels because even the old 315/whatever bfgs rubbed the radius arms but the toyos are real bad.

Got the bumper hung and fixed some cracking in the floor and seat mounts.

I need to do some exhaust work and fix the check engine light bulb and get it inspected.

I hear accordians

me too

I heard ford is bringing the bronco back in 2020....
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Went wheeling at Hidden Falls today. The weather was fantastic and the bronco did great. This was the first trip with 37s and the new seats. The seats made a huge difference in comfort and the tires had awesome traction everywhere.

I also did a side exit exhaust this past week. I like that the exit is out of the way of rocks and trail obstacles and no more fumes in the cab.