Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Shop Personalization

My Shop Personalization

I recently sold my home and purchased a new to me place. The wife and I wanted a little more room to be able to stretch our legs, park some vehicles, and have a yard for both our dogs and daughter (other future kids possibly?) for them to run. We started looking for a home about the same size as our last one on at least an acre or two with enough room for me to eventually build a shop. Our search started about 6 months ago on and off and got serious around the beginning of the year. Unfortunately our budget and our wants were not always agreeing on some of the places we were finding but we were lucky to find a foreclosure that was owned by Wells Fargo that had everything we wanted and more actually, for a price that ended up being well under our budget.

Our new place is in Princeton, Tx and about 11 miles from work (that was key, keeping the drive into work to under 45 min). It is 10 acres with a house, horse barn, equipment shed, pool, storm shelter, and most importantly, a shop. I wanted to make a thread to kind of keep track of the things I do to the shop to make it my own. We just moved in a little over a week ago and I have a lot to do, but hopefully this thread will keep me motivated. The place is in great shape and won't require much, but the wife keeps the attention focused on what she believes is the more important thing (the house).

Specs on the Shop:
    62' x 33'
    3 Bays
    Office
    Bathroom
    Storage Room?
    Light Up Fake Gas Pumps

Strangely enough the gentleman who owned the place before me was running some kind of business out of the two bay side and had put in carpet and some kind of pool table light. The septic inspector said it as a credit repair business and the writing on the window in the office backed it up. Also 5 of the 8 light fixtures had burnt out bulbs, yet it was still incredibly bright due to them using 8' fluorescent bulbs.

After speaking with some of my neighbors I found out that the owner before him built hot rods out of the garage (or what they called hot rods, who knows?) so I pulled up a section of carpet and found that the prior owner had put an epoxy coating down on the floor, so the process of ripping up carpet has started.

This was the bathroom when I first moved in... Cleaning it became #1 Priority. That **** was nasty.

The single bay on the Left hand side had been set up as a paint booth complete with water, two drains and what looks like a hole in the back wall and box that held a compressor and exhaust fan. It became storage immediately for my move of my garage.

Last night the storms came through with the chance of hail and since the garage is full of boxes and child things while we move in I pulled the Mustang and the Truck in the shop. I also went ahead and bought some bulbs and changed them out as it was something I could do in the rain. VERY bright now.

All I know is the people before us were some nasty folks, my wife was complaining about a slow running drain so I pulled the stopper to run a snake down the drain and almost threw up.

So here it is, the shop, gonna keep working on it to make it mine. Get all the carpet pulled, my tools and work bench set up, and then go from there.
    Last edited by FJAggie07; 03-20-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Are you actually going to work on vehicles or just store them?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Porte cochere? Don't try and church it up son...
    BDR

Chief
    that's awesome! congrats
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Nice shop. I wish we could afford a house on acreage right now. Congrats.

lowballing someone
    Jealous.....
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Pretty sweet setup
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Are you actually going to work on vehicles or just store them?
    Haven't decided yet. Need to rebuild the driver's side of the front axle on the buggy, might be my first project.

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67 View Post
    Porte cochere? Don't try and church it up son...
    That came off the Bank appraisal and I was immediately like, "That's how you spell that? Huh."

They ran the asphalt all the way around the shop like 10 years ago, but just enough has survived the grass to allow me to park the Firetruck behind the Shop.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Get some round up on that grass as soon as possible and keep it killed off if you want to keep that asphalt from wearing out faster. Looks like a very nice setup. Glad you found such a cool place!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Cool setup. You can get one of those relatively cheap RV erector set metal covers for the bus to keep it away from the Sun.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

That's a great idea. I will look into that tomorrow. Was wondering what I was going to do about that.

could build a redneck lean-too onto the side of your fancy shop for the fire truck ***

Holy cedar trees!

Are the gas pumps re-pops? Seems to be a market for the real antiques.

Interesting setup. Welcome to the world of multi acre mowing and all that comes with it.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Holy cedar trees!

Are the gas pumps re-pops? Seems to be a market for the real antiques.

Interesting setup. Welcome to the world of multi acre mowing and all that comes with it.
    Yeah the cedar's are ridiculous, I am picking up a Stihl MS 211 tomorrow from our dealer as a starter saw and going to town this weekend!

The Gas pumps are freaking plastic. They suck and look like ****, but they will work until I can either come up with something that looks better or get some refurbished ones WAY down the road (and those are stupid expensive)

As for the mowing I got a 48" Zero Turn Scag when I got the place, I am freaking loving it. I never knew mowing could be so much fun.