Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Down South 3-31-12

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar

Down South 3-31-12

Headed out there this Saturday, probably be there a little before noon. Frick is bringing his contraption, I will be bringing the klogger.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

True Hollywood Stry
    I will also be bringing my 4 wheeler as well.

This would be a good trip to test out your stuff before TCC.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

I might be down.

The polish is coming too....
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

True Hollywood Stry
    Tommy you in ? We are going to be out the about noon.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

I'm going to be there.

Good times...

Tommy and Kopecki met at my house, we took the klogger out there. Frick and Cooper met up with us. The Klogger made it all the way to the beach before deciding to shat out. Pulled the klogger back to the trailer, around this time Thomas and his wife showed up. Loaded klogger, went home, got toyota, went back and kicked ass. Then the front driveshaft of the yota came off, spent the rest of the day kicking arse in 2WD. Stayed till about 9:00 pm.

Sunday we checked fuel pressure and found the pump was bad, replaced it and the Klogger runs again.

My neighbor's buddy bought that Scout Truggy that has been on Tx4x4 and is going next weekend. I might go back...
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

If you decide to go Friday all day post up, I'm still not decided on what I want to do but im itching to wheel.
    85 yota, 305 on propane, 4.7 t-case, 37" hummer tires on H1 beadlocks, rear welded

My neighbor was going to head out there Friday, but I was probably going to wait until Saturday. What is your schedule? Is your yota around Houston?
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    My neighbor was going to head out there Friday, but I was probably going to wait until Saturday. What is your schedule? Is your yota around Houston?
    sorry didn't see this till now, I'm going to head to Austin for family stuff. I may go to marble falls friday if I get out of college station early enough
    85 yota, 305 on propane, 4.7 t-case, 37" hummer tires on H1 beadlocks, rear welded

lowballing someone
    i'm down to go next time yall head out there. just can't do this weekend. It's over in crosby right? I'll bring my new pile of junk.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Crosby, East Houston
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Went out this weekend with my neighbor across the lake. He had a friend that bought the Scout off of Texas 4x4. I was kind of excited because it was Ferd powered and I thought if he got into wheeling I could have someone to borrow spares from. Not so much, Chevy front axle and it is crown vic fuel injection. Who does that? Nice rig though, odd things, some of the cage is 2" some is 1.75". I also found some "butt welds" in the cage??? The rear is air bags, but no on board air. Wiring looks pretty clean.

Klogger ran better than I ever have remembered it running, I put a new fuel pump in it last weekend. It would roast the tires thru any mud hole, started and idled well, climbed **** that no one else would, went thru mud holes in 2wd that the scout below in 4wd was slipping in.

Oh and DSO bought a blob for entertainment. Looks like fun, but there is a sign at the entrance that says "Be Gator Safe" and has rules about looking for aligators....

All in all kick ass, except for cleaning the mud this morning!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by KrazyKarl02; 04-08-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Kick Ass!
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"