Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steel

Steel

Need some (2) 10", 15 lbs/ft I beams, need to be close to 30' long.
    Last edited by Sparling; 03-30-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    I beam is designated by its weight per ft. You need to be more specific on what you are looking for or using it for.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Thanks
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Sounds like homemade trailer? Just buy one of cl it will be cheaper
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Too short
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

There is some place around there that sells stuff like that per pound. I think it is either in madisonville or navasato, I will try to find out. 30ft is going to be hard to find though.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

I think we found that place on cl but they were in 8ft sections. With our welding skillz I don't think we need to be piecing frame together. We need to find an old trailer house to take the frame from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

bolt together

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    I think we found that place on cl but they were in 8ft sections. With our welding skillz I don't think we need to be piecing frame together. We need to find an old trailer house to take the frame from.
    O your impressive welding skills

If y'all are wanting to build a trailer let me know, I have a dealers account at redneck trailer supply and it is usually 40-50% off retail for parts.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Ya, looking at building a gooseneck 27-30' deck and a 5' dovetail. I found an old trailer we could probably use as a starting point, but it'd need all new running gear.

Tandems? What springs? Width?
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

The trailer I'm looking at picking up is a 40' 8 horse trailer with the top cut off and triple singles. I'm looking at tandems, 27-30' deck, 5' dovetail, ~100" deck width. I can't put anything in concrete until I go look at the trailer early next week. Since it's an old horse trailer the deck is probably low and very narrow so I'll have to see what we'll have to do to make it work.

Y'all want to home build something big enough to carry two vehicles and ~12k lbs safely at 75 mph for several hours at a time on the highway surrounded by other drivers where it could potentially fail...

I don't see anything wrong with this plan at all... I am not doubting the Ingenuity of yall but rather building something for the road carrying that much weight is just a big liability. If I can recommend one thing look at putting some kind of "torsion tube" down the middle of the trailer like what i think Ed's has.May help the rigidity.