Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Colorado 2012

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    the v notch is where i snapped one of my trans crossmembers, it was a sweet trail up to that point
    didn't you snap a transmission crossmember in Clayton one night and Lynda and I had to rescue you?
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    He was on #4 I think when it got cut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by redcagepatrol View Post
    didn't you snap a transmission crossmember in Clayton one night and Lynda and I had to rescue you?
    that was the first one that i snapped

lowballing someone
    and that last trans member is in my pile of random steel in the garage. maybe i should make brian a trophy along with his busted 30 spline stubs he is saving for a rainy day.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Here are our 2012 Colorado Family trip photos:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1174408...yWheelingTrip#
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

ill be your pickup man
    Ended up not going last year, but just got back from a 8 day trip with the Jeep

Truck started acting up once I hit the Colorado hills. Would reduce engine power on long uphill grades pulling the trailer at 70. The whole week prior, the filter housing was making some sick noises, so I assume it is related. Dropped it off at dealer Saturday. I do not think it will be a big deal. Restarting the motor would get me back power, so it was really just an inconvience. Wouldn't have happened if I had the LEGENDARY 7.3

I stayed in Colorado SPrings the first night and ran Eagle Rock and another trail Friday. Did not get too far in with the tires aired up and the say bar attached. Aired down, took sway bar off, and it made everything much easier

Camped outside Leadville the next night and ran Holy Cross. Nice trail but nothing crazy. 3 real obstacles that I made without winching in an open TJ. Cleveland Rock is just past the Holy Cross City. We watched a buggy and a KOH WJ from Rockware climb it. Buggy with stickies walked it. WJ took about 30 minutes, but finally made it.

Also saw the K30 crawler that is for sale on Pirate out of Tanner 4WD.

Hiked the Maroon Bells outside of Aspen. Really pretty area.

My camping buddies bailed on me the last day, so I ended up running Chinamens Gulch and Carnage alone.

Chinamens is easy. Carnage is ridiuclous. I ran half of it, all the way to the "you better have your **** together past this point sign" If I had more daylight and someone to pull cable, I probably would have kept going. Damaged the rockers, and got some new scrapes on everything. The Jeep did very well all week. Really impressed me. Even handled 60-70 just fine, albeit slow. It is very different and kinda fun going back to wheeling an open rig. Just takes a little more thought

The trailer was NOT ready for this trip. All of the vibrations from the rough roads caused my ramp pins to strip out. The ramps fell 5 times throughout the trip. I got alot of people giving me funny looks. ON the way home, I guess the leaf bushings on the slider style springs disappeared. This made it ride like crap. It also caused one of the axles to move side to side, which cut grooves in two tires. Finally blew one in Austin. Took the other side off as well and moved the Jeep all the way forward for the last 100 miles. So I need 4 springs, really 4 tires, and to rework my ramps.

Good trip, lots of driving
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    So 5000 miles ago when I changed the fuel filter, I apparently didn't seat the o ring back in properly. This caused it to suck air. Obviously, me being a dumbass is not covered under warranty, so $300 later, I can pick it up tomorrow.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

How does a hole in a pressurized system suck air?
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

I was wondering the same thing... if the dodge one isn't sealed properly it will never start. Possibly a failed o-ring?
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

ill be your pickup man
    Magic bro
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

A liquid system that doesn't leak is not necessarily air tight. Under a load there may be a 'vacuum' through the filter (injector pump pulling more than the filter will let through or more than the lift pump is pushing) and be pulling the air in. We have run into that a few times on equipment here lately. Pretty much pinholes in low pressure fuel lines or cracked plastic water bowls were letting the air in but not letting the fuel out.
    'Cause if she don't,

Colorado 2012

I can understand that on older equipment but post post lift pump section of that system on jb's truck should maintain a solid 60 psi or something around there. Low pressure on the inlet side of a hpfp is terrible and will kill the pump pretty fast. Not to mention any air in the system at all will make the truck run like crap or most likely not at all. Those injectors can't handle air like a mechanical diesel or a legendary 7.3 can.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

venturi effect pulls air into the system as the fuel flows past the hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Go stab your garden hose and tell me about your Venturi effect.

I don't think conditions are right but I would have to see how the two parts come together. It just seems like 60 psi would overcome that.

Think of it more as a check valve than an actual hole. Pressure one way with a liquid seals it, lack of pressure the other will let the air flow.

Trust me, that **** is hard to track down. And it's been on some '04 and newer equipment.
    'Cause if she don't,