Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Clayton Christmas Carnage '12

Also, I would really appreciate a link to any and all photos. I didn't have my camera at all this year. I know Jones, Lynda, Hippy, and Fred were taking pics and video. Sure there are others.

I have the strangest thing in the background of one of my cell phone pics, it's kinda blurry, just curious if anyone else saw anything strange.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    If I have not told you personally, thanks to everyone that was at the top of the hill that night. It was a pretty challenging recovery and everyone was tired. But at the end of the day we get everyone's pile off the mountain.

The big red buggy pulled me up right
    Paul gave me a tow down the mountain
    JB winched me twice I think
    Robbie winched me
    Fred loaned me a pocket knife
    Scott supplied a u-joint and u-bolts to get the klogger back together when I wanted to turn around at the base, wait a second, I retract my thanks to Scott, if it wasn't for him I would have just turned around
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    This trip just keeps getting better every year.

Flem wins RRDH fo sho.

Klogger wins Most improved, or best showmanship. Or something.

Lurch wins good samaritan award. (along with Fred)

Blaze orange buggy wins most underwhelming award.

Ugly truck wins bang for buck.

BDR wins "I only broke getting out of the way for some Paris TX kid who thought his scout was a grasshopper" award.

Swamp donkey wins the Just won't die award.

Any others?
    Robbie get the "Most dedicated to get rig on trail" along with "Shortest trail time" award

Is there an award for successfully running more hard trails than ever without major damage? On Saturday Busa, Lynda and Higgs ran up Blacksheep, then up Cakewalk, then over to Goblers knob and ran redneck millionaire and plucked. After that we ran upper slims slope, all before dark. Friday we ran the creek trails. Both nights we did night runs.

On the way down the mountain from upper slims right before dusk i'm pretty sure a saw bigfoot. Not 100%, but it might be worth a call to the bigfoot hunters

Good wheeling for sure!

Oh - on the way from redneck millionaire to upper slims we had to go around one of those broken big rigs and I got my ear wacked off by a tree branch springing off the cage. Award for best bodily harm? I suppose I can't nominate myself
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Scott supplied a u-joint and u-bolts to get the klogger back together when I wanted to turn around at the base, wait a second, I retract my thanks to Scott, if it wasn't for him I would have just turned around
    Sorry!!!
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    If I have not told you personally, thanks to everyone that was at the top of the hill that night. It was a pretty challenging recovery and everyone was tired. But at the end of the day we get everyone's pile off the mountain.

The big red buggy pulled me up right
    Paul gave me a tow down the mountain
    JB winched me twice I think
    Robbie winched me
    Fred loaned me a pocket knife
    Don't forget about the "Tandem Driving" I head it was a nice upper body workout
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redcagepatrol View Post
    Robbie get the "Most dedicated to get rig on trail" along with "Shortest trail time" award

Is there an award for successfully running more hard trails than ever without major damage? On Saturday Busa, Lynda and Higgs ran up Blacksheep, then up Cakewalk, then over to Goblers knob and ran redneck millionaire and plucked. After that we ran upper slims slope, all before dark. Friday we ran the creek trails. Both nights we did night runs.
    I accept the "most dedicated to get rig on trail" but have to disagree on the "shortest trail time" since Seacrest or Heath takes that one.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Quote Originally Posted by redcagepatrol View Post

Good wheeling for sure!
    Man, I really wish I would have been ready to roll with you guys on Saturday morning. Had to change a hydro steering fitting and tighten up the pump belt.

Ran Gobbler's Knob/Redneck Millionaire/etc the past 2 years and was looking forward to doing it again this year but oh well. Glad I got to make the Friday night run on Black Sheep with y'all though...
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJeep View Post
    I accept the "most dedicated to get rig on trail" but have to disagree on the "shortest trail time" since Seacrest or Heath takes that one.
    I think I wheeled about 4 hrs total before exploding and probably half of that was standing around/watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    Don't forget about the "Tandem Driving" I head it was a nice upper body workout
    Manual assist steering
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Swamp donkey wins the Just won't die award.

Any others?
    I tried. I do not think that motor has seen 4000rpms ever. But I definetely needed them while tandem winching Frick up that hill, you know to keep the alternator charging MURICA!

Ran Walk in the Park 3 times! I really like that trail. Lots of non stop up hill

Ran Mamba Ext., Wet Wild, Zig Zag, Jeff's Ledges, 8 pt, Cake Walk.

Had a great time. Solid times with great friends.

Can't believe I almost lost the Ranger on the way home from Tator Hill. I got lucky.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Had a great time. Solid times with great friends.

Can't believe I almost lost the Ranger on the way home from Tator Hill. I got lucky.

I agree, this is definitely my favorite trip of the year, getting to catch up with great friends.

I am glad the Hippy was in a better state of mind than me and didnt let me ride in that thing.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

lowballing someone
    and when brian got home he threw up in his bed.... house smelled terrible when i got home. what did yall do to my brother this weekend>?
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

My trip report...

Had an awesome time and great wheeling. What makes this the best trip of the year is all the people that attend, always great to see everybody.

I want to say Thank You to Cooper, Jerry, Karl, Jones, and everyone else involved with organizing the shirts and Memorial for CJ. Really awesome to have everyone come together and do this, especially having Coop on the line... Some great memories with CJ were shared. One in particular was Frick's account of the cop car urination, I had completely forgotten that a certain individual, ahem, "asshat" was amongst the perpetrators.... CJ, Frick, Clayton, Coop, and yours truly.

Backseat of CJ's perp getaway vehicle that night.....

Coop, Frick, "asshat" displaying the dual TAMOR Salute!

As for my 2012 Clayton experience...

Having to replace the oil pump in the Camaro 2 weeks before the trip then breaking the #2 intake dual valve spring 1 week before the trip really fooked up my wrenching schedule.

In basically 2 days I put new axles, brakes, tires, lights, and wiring in my trailer, then put a new transmission, shifter, hydro steering ram, hydro lines, front output flange on Stak, anti-wrap bar bracing, built a new transmission mount, changed all fluids, and reinstalled Stak, driveshafts, skidplate, etc...

I finally rolled in to Clayton around 11:30 am on Friday and got ready to hit the trail. Luckily, Scott and Busa checking out the new shifter revealed an issue that would have sucked to try and fix once on the trail. The S clip that attaches the rooster comb to the plunger on the valvebody was worn and had enough play in it to disconnect. I was able to drop the transmission pan with the skidplate still on and fix the issue. I have to thank Scott and Busa because had they not checked the shifter I might have been laying in a creek bed trying to fix it. Thanks to Flem as well for taking me to NAPA for atf and everyone else for offering help/hanging with me.

Back up and running Friday night, Scott, Higgs, Busa, Nick, Landon, and myself ran Black Sheep. The set screw on my steering wheel shaft broke, had a spare bolt and quickly fixed it (Thanks Landon and Nick). It rained but still had a damn good time.

Saturday morning I changed a hydro line coupler (90* coupler with a straight fitting will leak) to the correct one and tightened up the pump belt. Steering came back to 100%, hell yeah... The PSC field serviceable fittings kick ass, buy them. Hit the trail with everybody, pretty fun to have a big group of rigs all together. Think we did Backside Slope? and something else. Watching Rhyno dominate on his fourwheeler was impressive...must be the beard.

Cake Walk. JB and I were up front, got to the top and watched everybody come up. Uglytruck, Lurch, The Belle, Cook's Monster, Discofever, etc never fail to put on a good show. Standouts had to be the Krosby Krew, the Klogger pinning it up the last ledge and Frick's DrummingTruggy provided the highlight entertainment.

Lunch time. It was cool having everyone there since I didn't even know who all had made the trip yet. Sasquatch sighting was EPIC! Haven't laughed that hard in a while.

JB and I head out thinking everyone was following, look back to find out we are alone. Decide to run a couple more difficult trails to end the afternoon. We ran Green Mamba Extension and Walk in the Park in record time.

Back to the A&A for some grub, WTWE, and campfire Memorial for CJ. Good Bull.

Night run crew assembled and head back out to Walk in the Park....Probably not the best choice of trail for a couple rigs in the group. This became evident as carnage ensued for the unlucky. Glad that Karl and everybody else in the Klogger was okay. When the dust settled and back at the A&A the clock showed 4:30 am. Only rigs to make it back unscathed, Lynda's Barbie Jeep, Swamp Donkey, and my Barn Burner.

I particularly enjoy night wheeling and know from multiple experiences that a long night is usually to be expected. Having been on the carnage end of night runs in the past has made me appreciate the people that stick around to help with extractions. The club's O.G.'s like Scott, David O, Busa, etc have always made sure everyone makes it back. I enjoy doing my part to "carry on the torch" and keep it going.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

we had safety training at work today and had to go around the room identifying unsafe things we witnessed or did over the weekend.

I derailed that meeting quickly.

Had a great trip, lots of carnage but a lot of good times as well. Thanks to Robbie for the ride down the mountain, and nick for getting Evans up and going and down the mountain as well as on the trailer during the night run. Tater hill was a good time, really enjoyed it. Also thanks to Sam for the trail seat in the scout. Thing can conquer some trails, power tire caught up to it in the end. Looking forward to next year!