Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone being productive?

BigRedFord04

Anyone being productive?

Whats everyone done over the break?

I replaced all my rear brake hardware (springs, etc), replaced a front u-joint that had lost a cap and am in the process of repacking the wheel bearings, just in case.

I've decided finally that i'm not using the right parts, or putting them together correctly, or something b.c. the inner seal one both sides was completely destroyed. When y'all put your hubs/rotors on, do you use a seal actually on the spindle inside the inner bearing seal that is pressed into the hub?? Anyone know the p/n for the seals on a D44?? i use the national 4290(?) pressed into the inside of the hub, is there supposed to be another one? the one i've been using is whats getting torn up. thx.

got a clutch for the cj for Christmas and found out the t5 pilot bushing is perfect for the sm420 so I can install it now rather than order one from novak. who knows, maybe I'll get crazy and throw in some garage floor 3.55's, grab a junkyard driveshaft and cut it down, and run it in 2wd for a while

Ben97XJ
    I am building a rear bumper and tire carrier. 2x4 square tubing 3/16 thick.
    Beefy! I also forgot how much fun welding is!

Just some little things. Put 4.5" exhaust on one powerstroke and straight 3.5" on another. Got my brother to take the lift shackles off his wrangler. Fixed the bed of my dodge. Finally reinforced the doorwell on my jeep and trying to install an antenna. My clutch should be ready tomorrow so I'll be sticking that in. Then I think I'll build a cage. Going to look at a waggy. And now my little brother thinks he broke a ring gear in the 30 in his cj7. I might be out in the llano way tomorrow. I'll see if I can get a jeep out there. I'll tell yall if I'll go there.

And I went white bass fishing at night under the 99 river bridge in whitset on the night of the big storm. Life jackets went on after one flew away, we all lost our beers, one of our ropes broke, and we all got soaked. Winds were estimated about 70 mph. At least it didn't hail on us. We didn't catch any fish but I had a bite.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    underside of dash is done and face of dash is awaiting hole saws for completion on the Patrol...
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Tariqui
    im trying to get my TBI in and permanent its only duct taped in at the moment and the bumper is coming off soon to make way for a new one that i need to start making. if someone is looking for a waggy i have one for sale!!

I put on my new rear bumper, and installed Busa's old tire carrier on my truck. I also cleaned up the inside, reworked some wiring, and rattle canned all the body damage and rust spots. I was hoping to get my rear axle rotated, but haven't had the time, and my front driveshaft still isn't done.

Oh yeah, its probally a good thing you didn't come check out those axles that saturday, eight. Lets just say we were a little messed up that day after you called us (maybe thats why my bumper mounts look like ****

I installed new bearings in the 8.8, the pinon bearing started wearing out before I left, but got so bad after the trip home, the other bearings started to wear. Still have to replace my clutch and the 3rd gear synchro, but should be back up and running before the week is out hopefully
    Last edited by Cody_91YJ; 12-28-2002 at 10:22 PM.
    Cody Ainsworth || FTAC '05 || '91 YJ
    4.0, SOA, 36" IROKs, D30/F8.8, LockRight/Detroit, 4.56s, Hydro-Assist, fullcage, TJ flares, blah blah blah.
    www.Jeeps-Offroad.com || Pictures

Today I found a 86 F-350 crew cab single wheels with a d60, sterling 10.25, 4.10 gears, np435, whatever that aluminum t-case is, and a 460. And also a K20 with a 10 bolt, semi float 14 bolt, 4.10 gears, an auto, and a 350. They are both junked out on a guys farm along with lots of other fun stuff. I'll have to talk to the owner tomorrow.

I was productive today

BlackDog

Fixin stuff that decides to break

New bumpers built today, new grill being finished up, new starter over christmas, hopefully this next week a new water pump that i will have to replace in buffalo as that is where my truck sits, and hopefully clean up the wiring on the inside of my truck

Krawler68
    I'll buy the 86 F-350 if it's really a D60...where is it?

Doug

That truck is not actually "For Sale". I just noticed it had been missing from the owner's house for a while. I called his house and got his son who said he is in the nursing home. He also said that the truck needed brakes and it was on his farm and I could go look at it but was not sure if his dad would sell it. I had bid $1500 on the truck at a bank auction a few years ago and he bought it for $2200. The truck may be cheap enought that I will buy it, or it may be high and maybe you can buy it, or it will probably sit and rot forever along with the K20, some more chevys, an f-250 with an efi 351, and all his tractors, combines, plows, dozer, a 6x6, and other stuff.

For more progress, my jeep is driving again, and the cj7 has a broken ring gear in the 30.

BigRedFord04
    last week i got to make a late nite trip to VatoZone to replace my tensioner pulley b.c. the bearing froze up. along w/ that it melted my belt to the idler pulley so i had to replace both of those too. $50 i didnt want to spend. but once again i DID have to find my own parts though!! autozone hires nothing but retards, i think its a prerequisite. computer didnt show anything so i asked to look thru their bins...i think i pulled 4 boxes before i found ones that matched mine exactly.