Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Run Saturday, 2/2

I went to this park to check it out last weeked. It is an EASY park. Good run for new guys, virtually zero way to break anything. Its got flat trails... not a huge place. looks like an old property that has been logged and they turned it into a park. No real dirt hill climbs or anything, a lot of just puttering around.

it makes alto look like a 10. If that means anything. I would rate this place a 4.

Good part about it is that its close to college station, I got there in about 30 minutes.

Does it have potential, Evan? I know that they are actively building that place up.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.ZAP View Post
    Does it have potential, Evan? I know that they are actively building that place up.
    Not really... They are digging for rocks... the rocks are just stacked into a 30' long hill, you do it, turn around and do it again. no real contour to the property to have obstacles.

Well that's no bueno, good for the new guys though? I read that there was a place to swim on the property as well?

That sucks, I wont be making this then. Surely it cant be that bad?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

ill be your pickup man
    So no to General Sams? Pretty easy as well, but has decent trail riding and lots of water/mud
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I am down for G. Sam's. We promised close, and that is just as close as the other. It looks cheaper as well.
    Last edited by MR.ZAP; 01-28-2013 at 08:09 PM.

General sams and Texas offroad ranch almost back up to each other on an arial photo. Took us less than 10 minutes to leave Texas offroad ranch and head to General sams.

Are we meeting up at Sams club again?

More than likely, but the officers will hammer out the details here soon.

Two guys from a local club went to Texas Offroad ranch last weekend. They were In a Rockwell buggy and juggy on tons. They had a good time and recommended the place for a day run......

See post below.

For my 30th birthday this weekend, Josh brought his buggy out along with our buddy Greg and I brought mine out along with my wife Rachel. We went to the new park in Huntsville to see what it was all about. For as close to the house as it is, it is a great park! We had a really good time there and we didnt come close to seeing it all. There is plenty to do there to keep busy and have fun. There are playground areas, long dirt roads for bombing down, a circle dirt track, creek trails and some wooded trails that needed a little more clearing. Would be perfect for a day trip for the club.

I won't be able to make this run but from everything I have read and seen it looks like a fun park. I will be going there soon.

That looks like more park than just what Evan took pictures of. Is it possible that you missed some of it?
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

It is supposed to be 750 acres. Their Facebook page says they've been cutting new trails.

Chief
    Why not try it out and if it blows donkey balls, drive 10 minutes to Sams?
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    Why not try it out and if it blows donkey balls, drive 10 minutes to Sams?
    Cause that would make people pay for entrance to two parks
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"