Thread: 1988 Jeep comanche AKA the penny sniffer

Hybrid View

Replaced the head lights last night and a turn signal socket that was intermittent. I now have both low beam and high beams now unlike before. Plus those old bulbs were as bright as candles.... Still need to adjust the head lights down cause with lifting it they are pointing pretty high now. Ran out of time last night though. The list is getting smaller. Not sure what Im going to tackle next, the NSS or the rear bumper lights.

Still to do:
    -install new NSS to get brake lights/revers lights working consistently again.
    -remove old rear bumper lights/install new LED ones
    -install rear locker
    -get long arms in correct alignment (dropping it off Thursday)

1988 Comanche auto, 4.0, 4x4, 8.8 rear trussed, Dana 30 trussed, SYE np231, Serious Offroad long arms, 9.5" of lift, 35's, lockers

Sunday I got up and took the truck to lowes for a few things and just drove it around a bit. Got some good pictures of it. Everything always looks better in the rain, bad paint jobs dont look near as bad ***.

I also noticed I have a decent fuel leak at the in line fuel filter. Once it stops raining I button that up.

Things left to do:
    Fix fuel leak
    Install rear bumper lights
    Install rear locker
    Install NSS

1988 Comanche auto, 4.0, 4x4, 8.8 rear trussed, Dana 30 trussed, SYE np231, Serious Offroad long arms, 9.5" of lift, 35's, lockers