Thread: 1988 Jeep comanche AKA the penny sniffer

Hybrid View

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Well, don't take what I'm saying as gospel. I know the crankcase ventilation flutes work better at venting crankcase pressures than the baffles on most engines, but I could totally buy them being too long originally. I would think trimming them would definitely fix the issue if they are too long. To be completely honest, on a 4.0L, the baffles will work just fine. Where you get into really scrutinizing design on crankcase vents is on high compression, high rpm stuff, forced induction applications, etc. For a "stock" or "stockish" motor, it doesn't matter as much.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

While I was doing that I also installed two 3.5” speakers in the dash for better sound. I am really happy with the turn out and the sound in the cab now.

I also Installed a gauge/switch panel where the factory clock was, to put an Rpm gauge (which I had already mounted there, just drilled through the factory clock though.) One of the switches I wired up to more Courtesy/ Cab lighting so I could see better when looking for something in the dark. The other two switches will be for rock lights and cargo bed lighting whenever I get around installing them.

I also installed a new subwoofer because I blew the other one, along with a new radio and wired up sirius XM radio. Oh, and I replaced all dash light, center console lights with LED bulbs (Much better lighting!) Anyway here is the end result!!!!

Last edited by zebvance; 04-08-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    1988 Comanche auto, 4.0, 4x4, 8.8 rear trussed, Dana 30 trussed, SYE np231, Serious Offroad long arms, 9.5" of lift, 35's, lockers