I’m currently working on a lot of wiring in the cab of the truck which I will post a update of when I’m done. This weekend I plan on taking the truck to Llano State park to go camping for the weekend. This past week I got it inspected, insured, and registered. It’s about a 4.5 hour trip, the longest trip I have ever attempted to take with the truck. Kind of nervous.
As soon as I get back I’m ripping the front axle and suspension and going to start on the lift. However, until then I still have some things that I have done over the past few weeks to get this tread 100% up to date.

I went ahead and gave the truck a FULL tune up. New plugs, wires, rotor, distributer, cap, and coil. Went a bit overboard on the wires, but I got a good deal on them. They are OML 10mm racing wires.

After some research, I realized why I had such bad blow by. The flute stems in the valve cover of the stock renix 4.0 sat way to low, sucking up oil and dumping it into the oil filter, just a bad design. Now, since I recently found I have a bad ring in piston #2 I knew that this would not fix the problem but hopefully help to contain the oil enough to get me by until the stoker build. So I ordered a newer style aftermarket cover that did not have the flutes in it. I have since put about 100 miles on the truck and NO BLOW BY!

And here it is all done!