Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: 1988 Jeep comanche AKA the penny sniffer

Pretty sure my suburban went up the RTI ramp that far.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Man for a second there I thought I couldn't find all the ****s I give. But then I remembered I don't have any....
    Last edited by zebvance; 08-23-2016 at 06:09 AM.
    1988 Comanche auto, 4.0, 4x4, 8.8 rear trussed, Dana 30 trussed, SYE np231, Serious Offroad long arms, 9.5" of lift, 35's, lockers

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Looks good, curious to see it on the trail. You gonna make Clayton?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

So a fender trimming is in order?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Looks good, curious to see it on the trail. You gonna make Clayton?
    Havent heard any plans on Clayton, when is the trip? Just got a car hauler that is readily available to me. Just started a savings account for a trip im planing labor day 2017. Yanking it to Louisiana to do some wheeling with my cousin maybe then to Jasper, Ga for Jeep fest, and then on to Tennessee or Uwharrie in South Carolina possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    So a fender trimming is in order?
    Looking at some flat flares as we speak. Will probably pull the trigger before Xmas.
    1988 Comanche auto, 4.0, 4x4, 8.8 rear trussed, Dana 30 trussed, SYE np231, Serious Offroad long arms, 9.5" of lift, 35's, lockers

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zebvance View Post
    Havent heard any plans on Clayton, when is the trip?
    Just read the forum, there is a thread...

http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthre...148#post303148
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by zebvance View Post
    Yanking it to Louisiana
    I've yanked it to alot of weird stuff, never tried a city, county, or even a state. Might have to get out the old atlas and a box of kleenex next time the old lady goes out of town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Pretty sure my suburban went up the RTI ramp that far.
    but you had a 15 mph head start, and at least one of your tires was just chilling in the air
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

It was 2wd so I had to play with a handicap
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    but you had a 15 mph head start, and at least one of your tires was just chilling in the air
    Semantics. Points is points.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Had some fun with the fork lift over the weekend. Double checking brake line and driveshaft length and clearances. The forks on the fork lift were 36" off the ground for the front and I forgot to measure the back, but they were about the same, maybe a little more. Also measured for bump stops, I am thinking about doing some fender flares and and maybe looking at 37s in the future. Does anybody know of good options for adjustable bump stops? Some that I can set to correct length now and still used with some adjustment after 37's are one?

I would remove fender before adding bump stop.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    I would remove fender before adding bump stop.
    Not a fan of the no fender look.....

Fender flares will get ripped off on the trail. Buy some generic poly bump stops and fabricate a bolt-on mount for them so you can change them later.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Well the Comanche was suppose to get towed down to the coast for the rest of the year this weekend but it didn't work out. So going to try again this weekend and hopefully get some time on the beach with it. Friday though, I was able to install the new rear LEDs to replace the old crappy filament fog lights. They look kinda funny because they are so small but they are the only ones that I could find that would fit in the existing light boxes I made into the bumper. They put out a good bit of light to assist in recovery. Much more than the previous ones.