Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dirtygras - Dow South Offroad - Crosby - Feb 16

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Muddy, very muddy.

Early in the day the klogger's power steering box started leaking, I cracked the cap on top of the box. Got on the 4 wheeler rode around. About dinner time got a call from Jb, his ranger and Chet's razor were both stuck. My 4 wheeler did not stand a chance of pulling a ranger out. Got in the klogger without power steering. Found Jb, pulled the ranger out. Then they launched the ranger and got it stuck in the same spot, pulled it out again, this time they chose to not go right thru the same spot. Pulled the razor out. Then the razor launched back into the same spot and got stuck in the same spot again. I turned around, Jb somehow pulled the razor out. On my way out the steering shaft inside the steering box snapped. I could not steer at all.

Had to go back out today with flick and we changed the steering box on the trail. Also some asshole came thru in the night and stole my light bar.

Chet and I got on a nasty trail. Very deep ruts. We buried the Ranger and Chet went around and buried his RZR. It got dark pretty fast. Despite already using the winch a few times that day, the battery did not want to run it. It was also VERY stuck. Easily cleaned a couple hundred pounds of mud out of the bottom of that thing today.

Thanks alot for coming to get us Karl. After you turned around, we finally got Chet out, then had to help another guy on and ATV and his annoying as all hell 18 yr old girlfriend. He had busted two tie rods. Took us awhile to get him off, and the Ranger started to get hot. Had to wait awhile. Finally got it back to camp, even with the flat.

That really pisses me off about your light bar. Just don't understand people
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Sounds like a rough trip. Glad today's recovery went ok.. Minus the light bar.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Had to go back out today with flick and we changed the steering box on the trail. Also some asshole came thru in the night and stole my light bar.
    Sucks about the light bar.... Glad you and Frick got it out, I had my phone close by this morning in case I needed to head back out with the jeep. On the bright side you got in a good arm workout!

I'm pretty sure your damn steering wheel knob cut my hand, I didn't notice until driving home.

It was a good time up until the Ranger/Razor rescue... Got a shat ton of mud caked inside my beadlocks.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    My entire upper body aches from turning that wheel. My hands feel like someone took a broom stick and beat them.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette