Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tug II

Oh. I forgot the ford shackle set up is diffrent. I was thinking it was set up like they are in the rear of my jeep. Yea I'm not real sure the angle affects your set up.
    1988 Comanche auto, 4.0, 4x4, 8.8 rear trussed, Dana 30 trussed, SYE np231, Serious Offroad long arms, 9.5" of lift, 35's, lockers

Every fullsize truck manufacturer has used a tension shackle setup on the rear since the 70s. Not Ford specific and not a new idea...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

My 56 chevy 3/4 ton has it. I think it was pretty revolutionary starting in the 1955 chevy trucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!

I lost count as to which transmission I'm on.

'91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Sucks. What keeps failing?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Those transmissions are Karl
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Intermediate shaft keeps breaking but it shifts weird sometimes. Its dumb because there's several people with ford reman transmissions and 500hp. Once you fix a few factory problems they typically hold up fine.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

True Hollywood Stry
    Take the rice off. To much power

That's sucks that the damn trans won't play nice with the rest of the truck.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

The rice can't come off with the injectors I have but I have very conservative tunes written and my truck probably makes just a little bit more power than a stock truck tuned.

Is it fixed?

Nope. I'm not even sure they've had a chance to look at it. They were super busy on Friday when I dropped it off. I'm going to call at 5 to see what they have done so far.

Oliver Brothers called and said it's another broken intermediate shaft. It will be back together Friday, but they said they don't know why this is happening. They told me when they rebuilt it the first time, the clutches in the direct drum or whatever the intermediate shaft goes into were more worn than the rest. Not sure where to go from here. I think it has something to do either with the pcm or the valve body because they are the only old things left from before the rebuild. I think I will put a bts valve body in it and hope that's the problem.

Maybe Oliver Brothers are doing a good job and my truck really just makes 800 hp. Maybe.

ill be your pickup man
    Maybe from all the towing you do.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Maybe from all the towing you do.
    Probably all that wind drag from flipped out mirrors...
    BDR