Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tug II

Found these.

http://www.amazon.com/Fabtech-FTS275.../dp/B000CMIW2O

This is one front spring pack from their 5.5" kit. I'm assuming this is very similar to what you had. Did your truck ride pretty smooth with those leafs on it? I've called deaver before to ask about custom springs and they have a huge lead time and cost quite a bit more than off the shelf stuff.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

their springs are worth it fabtech(deaver). it did ride better than any lifted truck ive road in but not as good as stock. they are rated for a heavy bumper so with out it I think mine was a lot closer to 6"= to tall for 35s. why not spend money on some front fenders, bow the rears and leave it the way it is height wise to fit bigger tires. pretty sure ive seen 35's maybe 37's on a truck stock height wit aftermarket fenders.

i had to go back and read that amazon listing. Its for one spring!! I was thinkin man i got fawked. I got the whole kit for 680 bucks i think. is fabtech even around anymore. at one time donahoue racing(now icon) was selling a rebranded deaver in there kits

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    mini pack
    when you say "Mini Pack" its more like a couple pieces of 3/8" strap cut in staggered lengths. So its actually just a block and a longer center pin.

Just Saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    when you say "Mini Pack" its more like a couple pieces of 3/8" strap cut in staggered lengths. So its actually just a block and a longer center pin.

Just Saying.
    It's actually 1/2" but how is that different from a mini pack? A block doesn't have a center pin through it and isn't tied into the leaf pack. It is by definition a mini pack so go **** yourself.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Quote Originally Posted by tigweld View Post
    their springs are worth it fabtech(deaver). it did ride better than any lifted truck ive road in but not as good as stock. they are rated for a heavy bumper so with out it I think mine was a lot closer to 6"= to tall for 35s. why not spend money on some front fenders, bow the rears and leave it the way it is height wise to fit bigger tires. pretty sure ive seen 35's maybe 37's on a truck stock height wit aftermarket fenders.
    I have and clear 37" toyos. Clearance is not the issue. I don't want a 6" lift but I want to do something to fix my rough riding truck.

Quote Originally Posted by tigweld View Post
    i had to go back and read that amazon listing. Its for one spring!! I was thinkin man i got fawked. I got the whole kit for 680 bucks i think. is fabtech even around anymore. at one time donahoue racing(now icon) was selling a rebranded deaver in there kits
    Yeah, they are still around. 500 for front springs isn't bad but I'm not buying the whole kit only to have some white body shocks that I'll end up throwing away.

It's actually 1/2" but how is that different from a mini pack? A block doesn't have a center pin through it and isn't tied into the leaf pack. It is by definition a mini pack so go **** yourself.

I said "just saying" that means I can say anything I want.....just saying
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

u would need to use more than just the spings, the shocks would be the only thing u would not need. none of this will make a 3/4 ton truck ride good!!! i would think the negative arch parabolic factory springs would be a good as it gets unless you go with a custom spring with a lower spring rate and less carrying capacity. even then with the truck at stock ride height they only have like 3" of bump travel. that combined with a custom low rate leaf pack would have u smashing on the bumps all the time.

Ford fixed this problem in 2005... Just saying
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

and a better turning radius, problem is they only come attached to the wrong motor.
    Last edited by tigweld; 04-15-2014 at 04:10 PM.

I have enought coil buckets and superduty springs that you could conver your entire truck to coils.... JUST SAYIN

I think I'm going to get the rear set up first and do some more research on front setups.

I think I'm going to get the rear set up first and do some more research on front setups.
    What's your plan?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

5" or 7" deavers, no blocks, some kind of traction aid.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    Complaining about the way a 3/4 ton truck rides..... Just sayin.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901