Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tug II

Didn't have anyone to take me and warranty my unit bearing so I put on an old one I had laying around. The stub shaft is ****ed, the spindle bearing is gone and the lock out is in pieces. My question is can I have a shop weld up the big groove on my stub shaft then machine it back to spec or will the heat **** it up and make it weak? I'm going to go back with a new unit bearing, new seals, new lock outs and either a fixed shaft or a new one.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

for welding labor and machine time it would probably by cheaper easier to just buy a spare one. While you are at it buy 2 35 spline stubs. you are buying new lock out anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

I have a d50, my inners will break before my outers ever do but I will see how much they cost. From what I have seen so far one new outer is 200.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Welding will weaken it, it will remove the heat treatment from the area. Look up USA standard for stub shafts, same **** as Yukon, just no warranty and cheaper.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Ordered a new spicer stub shaft. The 35 splines have to have the unit bearing bored out for them to fit so I stayed with 30 spline, especially since it's a D50. I'll warranty the unit bearing and hopefully have it ready to put back together when I get my stub shaft in the mail.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Speaking of welding axle shafts together, I saw where they were going to weld the inner part of a 9" shaft to some random outer so they could run a 9" axle with said random outer mounts to keep it 'more factory' on a restoration project. They planned to just chop both axles in half and stick them together. Thought this would be fun to watch do smoky burnout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    Speaking of welding axle shafts together, I saw where they were going to weld the inner part of a 9" shaft to some random outer so they could run a 9" axle with said random outer mounts to keep it 'more factory' on a restoration project. They planned to just chop both axles in half and stick them together. Thought this would be fun to watch do smoky burnout.

Who is they? Gas monkey?
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    Who is they? Gas monkey?
    It might have been. I was flipping channels and just caught a few minutes of it. Maybe they were joking, but sure seemed like they were going to give it the good old college try!
    'Cause if she don't,

it was on americarna, they made a full float(safety hubs to racers) 9" using some goofy old school snouts that were original to the racecar. either way I would bet ray everham(the guy leading the project) has a good idea of what will hold up and what won't

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    I saw that too, and I don't give a **** if he was Smokey Yunick doing that, it looked sketchy as ****! You're telling me with all the resources at a multi-billion dollar race company like Hendrick, they couldn't have had new shafts made the way they needed them?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Glad it wasn't just me that saw it.
    'Cause if she don't,

its a parade float!!!! on widened ttb front ends its pretty common to sleeve the passenger side double jointed shaft and lengthen. im not saying it's the right thing to do but.... im sure budget requirements made his choice for him besides pretty sure at this point a broken shaft on that car is not going to cost them a race

I need help deciding on front leafs for my truck . I currently have stock suspension except for an adjustable track bar, a leveling kit, procomp adjustable shocks (going to get new shocks after my leafs are sorted) and run my toyos at 40 psi. My goal is to make the whole truck ride better (much softer) and get 4 inches of total lift up front (2 more than I have now). I don't want to do an 05 axle swap. What are my options for leafs?

I saw the Superlift Superride leafs on Summit, and they look promising, with a bunch of thin leafs instead of 2 or 3 real thick springs. I'm looking for anyone who has experience with either superlift or lift leaf springs up front in general.

Here's a link to the springs
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sl...350-super-duty

my pops had those on his excursion. still a lift spring=ok ride, not quit stock though. what does your leveling kit consist of? front hangers?

I had a fabtech 6" on one of mine and when i got the springs they had been drop shipped straight from deaver, so I would just call them as they can build any height u want. they had 8 thin leaves,military rap and bolt on spring clamps.

mini pack