Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tug II

Tug II

Got this truck yesterday as a replacement for my other superduty that was stolen, recovered and totaled.

It's a 2001 F350 crew cab long bed 4x4 w/ a 7.3

I had cardoc run a bunch of diagnostics today and everything passed with flying colors except cylinder 8 failed the cylinder contribution test. From what I've read the cam sensor can cause cylinders 3 and 8 to fail the CCT. I'm going to try a new cam sensor to see if this fixes the issue. If not I'll see if anybody around here tests injectors before I buy a new one. Jeremy at cardoc said that he thinks someone put a 1-7 injector in the 8 hole and that's the problem but could that really be the problem? I thought I read somewhere that the #8 injector was only different to make it quieter and had no effect on function.

There's some body damage on the truck that I'm going to either get fixed or buy stock in bondo and try it myself. I am looking for a white passenger front door if anybody knows of one for a reasonable price.

Travis's old 37s will probably end up on the truck. I test fit one tonight and it clears everything but the leafs. I will have to trim the fenders if I end up putting them on as the slightest bump while turned will hit the back.

The truck came with a 5" exhaust with a muffler but there's no black smoke around the tip on the paint so I don't think if it had a tuner that it was beat on. I also put a Tony Wildman chip on it last night and a 6637 intake on tonight.

Things this truck needs:
    Passenger front door
    front seats and something to rest my arm on either a bigger console or a folding middle seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

ill be your pickup man
    Sweet. Looks like it already has tow mirrors. Are you going to add clearance lights, you know, for all the 5th wheel hauling you do?

Please don't Bondo it up. Its a 12 year old truck. Find a door or leave it be.

I think the factory wheels on some good tires look way more respectable than whatever you are test fitting there.
    Last edited by JB; 03-01-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Tires on the truck are sketchy. These will hold me over until I decide what I want to do with them. I was joking about the bondo. The door is getting replaced but right under the tail lights needs some help. It also needs a hub bearing and a tie rod end. It will not get clearance lights. They get in the way of a 50" light bar
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Where are pictures of the exhaust ?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    You WOULD want exhaust pics....
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I think the factory wheels on some good tires look way more respectable than whatever you are test fitting there.

Who's getting old now?
    Last edited by davido; 03-01-2013 at 11:53 PM.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post

Nice
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Shouldn't there be soot all over the quarter panel above it from douching around town??
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

It's in the first post.

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    cylinder 8 failed the cylinder contribution test. From what I've read the cam sensor can cause cylinders 3 and 8 to fail the CCT. I'm going to try a new cam sensor to see if this fixes the issue.
    I also put a Tony Wildman chip on it last night.
    and a 6637 intake on tonight
    Ha, the motor is not running right, but **** it, I'm going to throw ricer parts at it. That'll work...

It has been so nice living here in SA and not seeing all the rice. Its going to suck being back in CS in two weeks
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    I take it back about the wheels, maybe just need a shot in the daylight. I do think those 99-03 Lariat wheels are very attractive though. A guy I work with would probably buy them if you sell.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Ha, the motor is not running right, but **** it, I'm going to throw ricer parts at it. That'll work...
    just because it failed doesn't mean it's a bad injector. No it isn't running perfect but it runs better than my old truck. not sure what rice parts I threw at it but if making it run better is rice then cool, I'll be a ricer. Wanna see my smoke switch?

Is this crossmember sticking down under the bumper an actual crossmember for the leafs or is it some sort of crash bar thing? If I don't need it I'm cutting it off to make room for more ricer parts.

Last edited by Sparling; 03-02-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Google says it's a crash bar so the trucks don't eat little cars.