Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tug II

Put a Moog hub on it and a new fuel filter. Purolator filters (or at least the one I got) have a crappy cap o ring. It also needs a new power steering or hydroboost line. One of them rubbed a hole on the drivers side shock mount. I'll figure that one out tomorrow when it's warmer.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

put a new tie rod on last night. This thing drives so much better and isn't all over the road. I also ordered a mini spring pack leveling kit. The ass end sits up several inches higher than the front and is on the verge of looking goofy.

Under the hood on the passenger side is a little box with some hoses going to it that makes a ton of noise everytime I turn the key on. It has ford markings and also a hella logo. Is this the vacuum pump for the hubs? I have no lines at the pump so I'm thinking of removing it if that's what it is.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Anybody ever run into door locks unlocking fine on all doors but the lock button doesn't work at all? Not even an attempt to work.

sounds like a bad relay
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

my 04 f150 had issues with the contacts on the switch, everything would work fine except for the switch, pull the switch apart and scrape the contacts, worked for me
    Tommy Matheaus '06
    210-323-2546
    2004 F-140 4x4 DD
    1990 F-150 4x4 in the works
    1992 Jeep Cherokee basterdized

It's the same with both switches so I don't think that's the issue but I'll check that and my relays today. I Googled last night and I couldn't find anybody with my exact problem but several people had weird problems with the locks and it was the body control module. I'll see if I can find one to swap and.check if the switched and relays are good.

Put an eBay leveling kit up front. Sits perfectly level on level ground. Went in pretty easy except for the track bar bolt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Turbo on this truck sounds much different than my old 7.3 so I pulled the intake tube to check it out. There is zero shaft play both side to side and in and out so I think the bearings are good but as you can see the wheel is pretty chewed up.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a new wheel? I'm leaning wicked wheel to help with surge but want to hear any other ideas.

Got some free 05 headlights and put them on my truck. It looks a lot better and the lights are much brighter.

Looking good! Those headlights really make a big difference. Old ones look too 90's. Leveling kit looks good as well, you just need like an inch or two bigger set of tires to have the perfect tire/wheel well ratio.

Chief
    Sparling, a friend of mine with a super duty mentioned something about having to fix his door lock actuators in both doors. Apparently it's a super common problem with these trucks.

He used some Aluminum foil to remedy the problem. Look up Super duty door lock actuator

Here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Lcle9TNiI
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

ill be your pickup man
    Shoulda tinted those lights before you put them in brah
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by MR.ZAP View Post
    Looking good! Those headlights really make a big difference. Old ones look too 90's. Leveling kit looks good as well, you just need like an inch or two bigger set of tires to have the perfect tire/wheel well ratio.
    He put some 37s on it after that picture
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    Should be a perfect fit, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    Sparling, a friend of mine with a super duty mentioned something about having to fix his door lock actuators in both doors. Apparently it's a super common problem with these trucks.
    I've done that to more trucks than I can count but it's not the case with this truck. My door locks don't lock at all, not even a sound but they unlock just fine every time. It's something with wiring or the body control module.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Shoulda tinted those lights before you put them in brah
    Damn that's a good idea! It would be pretty sweet if Ford made something like that from the factory!

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post