Thread: Tug II

Threaded View

Tug II

Got this truck yesterday as a replacement for my other superduty that was stolen, recovered and totaled.

It's a 2001 F350 crew cab long bed 4x4 w/ a 7.3

I had cardoc run a bunch of diagnostics today and everything passed with flying colors except cylinder 8 failed the cylinder contribution test. From what I've read the cam sensor can cause cylinders 3 and 8 to fail the CCT. I'm going to try a new cam sensor to see if this fixes the issue. If not I'll see if anybody around here tests injectors before I buy a new one. Jeremy at cardoc said that he thinks someone put a 1-7 injector in the 8 hole and that's the problem but could that really be the problem? I thought I read somewhere that the #8 injector was only different to make it quieter and had no effect on function.

There's some body damage on the truck that I'm going to either get fixed or buy stock in bondo and try it myself. I am looking for a white passenger front door if anybody knows of one for a reasonable price.

Travis's old 37s will probably end up on the truck. I test fit one tonight and it clears everything but the leafs. I will have to trim the fenders if I end up putting them on as the slightest bump while turned will hit the back.

The truck came with a 5" exhaust with a muffler but there's no black smoke around the tip on the paint so I don't think if it had a tuner that it was beat on. I also put a Tony Wildman chip on it last night and a 6637 intake on tonight.

Things this truck needs:
    Passenger front door
    front seats and something to rest my arm on either a bigger console or a folding middle seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat