Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tug II

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    inb4 what were you thinking buying a wonton rice wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    Complaining about the way a 3/4 ton truck rides..... Just sayin.
    Just sayin.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    5" or 7" deavers, no blocks, some kind of traction aid.
    I don't understand why you want to add so much height, just saying.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    I don't understand why you want to add so much height, just saying.
    I agree. Just saying

I also agree on 05 axles. Just saying
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Not really adding height. The block is 4 inches in the back. The 5" would raise the back an inch and the 7" would go with a 2" longer shackle. The truck sits perfectly level now, but looks like the ass is sagging so I'm going to put a hair of a rake on it.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Just sayin

Go much higher and you're gonna have to call Tate's guy at Pitbull for some 40s.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe View Post
    go much higher and you're gonna have to call tate's guy at pitbull for some 40s. Just sayin
    fify
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    fify just sayin
    Dumb dumb tumtum. Just sayin

Damn n00b mistake....just sayin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

What is your shackle angle at and what shocks are you running. Sorry if It was mentioned somewhere before and I missed it.
    1988 Comanche auto, 4.0, 4x4, 8.8 rear trussed, Dana 30 trussed, SYE np231, Serious Offroad long arms, 9.5" of lift, 35's, lockers

Shackle is straight up and down, and I'm running procomp adjustable shocks with the knob all the way to the left which should be loose.

i would take off those shocks and test drive!!! I got those for my fabtech lifted truck, did not last long, way to harsh. I think carli or one of the other higher end dodge suspension companies was doing a custom valved king for fords now that fits the stock mounts

Carli has custom valved King shocks and Fox has a factory replacement line.

Try relocating the shackle angle to 30-45 degrees from the frame rail. Thats suppose to be the best set up for ride quality. The greater the shackle angle the more force is exerted down on the spring and in turn the spring rate gets lower. I imagine you will notice a lot from doing this. Especially if your shackle is straight up and down like you said. That should be 90 degrees which would be the stiffest configuration you could have.
    1988 Comanche auto, 4.0, 4x4, 8.8 rear trussed, Dana 30 trussed, SYE np231, Serious Offroad long arms, 9.5" of lift, 35's, lockers

Even on tension shackles? Everything I can find on shackle angle is for compression shackles. Either way, I'm going to hold off on moving leaf spring hangers until I get deavers.
    Last edited by Sparling; 04-17-2014 at 03:20 PM.