Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tug II

Hold on now, mine pull out, not flip out. This ain't no dodge.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Got it back today. ****'s still ****ed. It shifts worse now than it did before. Picked it up after 5 so I couldn't really talk to anyone about it. The 2-3 shift is much harder, and the 4-3 downshift is ridiculous. I'm going to call Truck Source Diesel and see who their go to guy for 4r100s is and go talk to them. Also, I didn't break an intermediate shaft this time, I stripped out the forward drum. They replaced some seals, the forward drum and they also put in a new solenoid pack though I'm not sure why they thought it needed a new one.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Got it back today. ****'s still ****ed. It shifts worse now than it did before. Picked it up after 5 so I couldn't really talk to anyone about it. The 2-3 shift is much harder, and the 4-3 downshift is ridiculous. I'm going to call Truck Source Diesel and see who their go to guy for 4r100s is and go talk to them. Also, I didn't break an intermediate shaft this time, I stripped out the forward drum. They replaced some seals, the forward drum and they also put in a new solenoid pack though I'm not sure why they thought it needed a new one.
    That sucks, think you can get any money back from them?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

No. It would take lawyers and more time and money to even really try and they did fix the broken parts. I tried telling them about the shift issue and she kept telling me I have big tires. I know a tuner and tires puts more stress on the tranny but this is being caused by a bad 2-3 shift. My truck makes enough power to compensate for the tires and keep up with a stock tuned 7.3, that's it. I shouldn't have these problems. I'm going to put a custom valve body from bts on it and if it happens again I'm either selling the truck or putting billet parts in it.

did you pay with a credit card. If so dispute the charges and let the credit card company take care of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

I'm going to get a bts valve body first. That almost has to fix my issue and will be tons better than any valve body oliver brothers could put in there.

How's the transmission holding up?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

better than the HPOP......
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Transmission still shifts a little hard but overall is better than it was before.

Was driving the truck yesterday and it just died while cruising. Checked every possible thing I can think of and the hpop is only building 80 psi, and the injectors won't start firing with anything less than 500 psi. I swapped a new IPR yesterday with no change. I'm going to try a couple more things this afternoon and then order a new hpop tomorrow.

crank position sensor?
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

I have rpms on the tach while cranking, so i don't think so but I'm going to try a new one from ford before I order a hpop. I have multiple codes for low or no ICP. If the CPS doesn't fix it then I'll have a spare.
    Last edited by Sparling; 06-15-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Truck starts with the passenger hpop line blocked off. Looks like I will be doing injector o rings Friday night.

Looks like a piece of a wire wheel killed my o rings on injector 3. Got new ones from Ford, and should have it back together today.

Why is there wire wheel in your engine?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

It was behind the o rings, and there's nothing that flows there so it had to be there on the injectors I got and installed in January. Can't be something I did on install because they came straight out of the box into the engine on a table next to my truck, and there's really no way it could have gotten where it is except for it to have been there when the o rings were put on the injectors (by the builder).