Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Tug II

So between putting a ton of miles on the truck on the road and some off road driving at my farm and at Alto, this thing needs a softer ride. Concrete roads and rougher streets suck and it's too harsh off road. Right now everything in the suspension is stock save for a leveling kit up front and some procomp mx6 adjustable shocks. I'm not sure what to do on the front but in the rear I'm thinking either F250 leafs or maybe some used deavers if some come up for sale somewhere. Looking around at what some different companies do for rear lift, PMF does shackle flips. What does this do to the ride? Does it soften it up a bit? Maybe shackle flip with f250 springs and take the f350 block out and start running a little less tire pressure. I drag a trailer around the farm quite a bit but it's never heavy, and I do have some air bags for it so I'm not worried about towing at all. Anybody have any ideas on how to soften it up a bit?

inb4 what were you thinking buying a wonton rice wagon
    Last edited by Sparling; 11-05-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Put a deuce winch on the front and a couple of big blocks in the bed.....Fuel mileage cant really get any worse can it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

I don't suggest a shackle flip, decreases ride quality. The only way to improve the rear is to change the springs and maybe lengthen the shackle if you are looking for more travel. For the front I haven't seen any leafs I was really impressed with so maybe look for a 05 and up axle as that would probably be the simplest option.

What air pressure do you run?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

50psi
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

I wouldn't down the pressure if all your running is 50psi but that is just me. All of my one tons ride like ass. 3/4 is the way to go.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

I was running 60 but I let a little out to see if it would make a difference.

I run 35-40 and don't notice any decrease in mpg. Being that you have 37s I think you could air down more.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    My Dooley rides like a Cadillac, but then it is Chevy so it shouldn't even be in the same conversation as a t/furd...

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Yup, my won ton Duramax rides like my living room couch, it is fantastic. Sucks off road, but it's like a train on tracks on the road. I also have Michelin's street tires on it. I'll ask the guy at Discount what pressure is in the tires as it is against my religion to check or care about tire pressure.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

*Insert some diesel doucher comment about IFS and broken tie rods as soon as you go off road and my truck has been through more than you would ever put your truck through and having no issue.*

Yeah my truck is old and the suspension is kind of tired. I've already taken care of most other worn out parts, just need to get the suspension where I want it.

try 40 psi on the tires, thats what mine are at unless I am loaded then i bump it to 50.

You can have my super long ass stock f-250 springs that i pulled out of my 250 for your truck, will have to do some fab I am sure but longer, lighter springs ride better.

Are they up north?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    *Insert some diesel doucher comment about IFS and broken tie rods as soon as you go off road and my truck has been through more than you would ever put your truck through and having no issue.*
    You must have been busy since you bought this truck in March of this year...
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    You must have been busy since you bought this truck in March of this year...
    Come on Karl, I said diesel doucher, not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Come on Karl, I said diesel doucher, not true.
    I ended with a Everyone knows the flip off is meant in jest, if I was pissed I would have just called you Rowdy.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette