Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Klogger V3.0

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar

Klogger V3.0

Earlier this week I picked up the newest version of the Klogger, Klogger Version 3.0. It's a bit of a change from previous renditions. I was tired of wheeling fool size and while I have never been a jeep fan, the fact is the bodies lend themselves to this hobby and there are a billion mods that are well documented. So here's the specs:

1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ
    Engine - Chevy 350 with TBI injection, giant alternator, some sort of "welder" setup on alternator, Advance Adapters headers
    Transmission - SM465, Advance Adapters hydraulic clutch setup
    Transfer Case - Dana 300, twin sticked
    Front Axle - Dana 44 with 4.88 gears, full hydro steering, tractor supply ram
    Rear Axle - 14 Bolt, 4.88's, disc brakes
    Suspension: Front - Wagoneer Leafs, Rear - XJ Leafs
    Cage: Stock Jeep "Family Cage" with bars welded inbetween, plates to body, frame plates on the other side with spring bushings to isolate
    Tires: Bald 42" TSL on re-centered H1's
    Other info: 3" body lift, older racing seats, stock gas tank relocated to back seat, Afco radiator, electric fan, oh and it was Colemans, before that Cory'sName:  YJ as bought.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  41.1 KB
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Plan:
    Cut original Klogger up into little pieces, sell 351, NP435, extra cab, doors, anything else
    Sell 44 and 14 bolt, put Klogger Sterling and Dana 60 (5.13's, rear welded, front locked, front chromo's) in YJ
    Put Klogger Doubler in YJ, will have to change the input shaft on the 203, but other than that it should bolt up
    Remove 3" body lift
    Put Klogger 42's on re-centered H1's, sell bald 42's and trail ready bead locks
    Utilize patrol fuel cell to sink rear tank in back making room for either rear seat or tool/cooler storage
    Install CB, Radio, clean up, etc...
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Nice!!!

Bed?

If not, where will I setup shop to drink and watch redneckaires in Alto?

Congrats BTW. That's going to give you a lot less issues I think.
    Last edited by davido; 03-02-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

I need some tsls. Pm me
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

you did not want the irok's?

So you bought Corey's yj? You might want to look into that motor, I think it was severely overheated in Clayton 2 years ago
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    So you bought Corey's yj? You might want to look into that motor, I think it was severely overheated in Clayton 2 years ago
    Woah Sam, it has a Chevy 350 in it aren't those things supposed to be bulletproof?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by MR.ZAP View Post
    Woah Sam, it has a Chevy 350 in it aren't those things supposed to be bulletproof?!?!
    ask jeff
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    ask jeff
    Valid point... hahaha

Chief
    What do you want for the axles
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    I would assume he wants money
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    The drop is on the pass side, Wrong side for you.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

lowballing someone
    but he could use the 8 lug outers and re gear his d44
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Update - So I wheeled this thing at Down South, Marble Falls, Alto, Hot Springs, the deer lease, etc... Had a good time with it, but the motor kept smoking more and more and the open front sucked. Finally at Alto I broke a tooth off the ring gear. So I've been working on a re-vamp. Here is a short list of the plans which are similar to the original plans, just evolved:

Crate Motor TBI 350 - Installed mechanically, I picked this up off of the list complete with about 5k miles on it with a brand new wiring harness, computer, fuel pump, etc...
    TH350 Trans - Got it with the TBI350, it was 2WD, I had the shaft swapped and thru a rebuild kit in it. I have a Lokar shifter I am going to use
    Atlas 5:1 Transfer Case - I was going to use my doubler, but it ended up being too long for the wheel base
    Klogger Axles - Ford Dana 60 front, Sterling Rear, 5.13 gears, chromo shafts, drive slugs, hydraulic steering
    Springs - Same XJ rear springs with 1" lift. Front I am going to pull the wagoneer leafs and put Chevy 52's up front. The waggy leafs ride too rough for me. This means modifying the front cross member.
    Others - Clean the wiring up, put my Warn 12k winch on it, new seats, new dash/gauges, and of course A/C
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette