Thread: Klogger V3.0

Threaded View

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Pictures of cross members... Both cross members are made from 1.75" 0.120 HREW. The front one goes to the atlas adapter between the t-case and trans. Nothing to exciting, bushings on the end and bolted to the atlas adapter.

The rear I got a touch creative, not Schubring creative, but still creative for me... The cross member hard mounts to the frame with a "pocket" set up, the frame pocket is 2.5" square tube cut at a 45 with a nut welded to the top. The cross member side is 2" square tube welded to the 1.75" HREW. I wanted it hardmounted so I could use it for my anti-wrap bar without the force from the anti-wrap bar carrying into the t-case. I bent drivers side so it goes down and then runs at the same angle as the Atlas T-case, and finally ends on the passeger side frame rail. The actual t-case bolts to a piece of 2x2x1/4 angle with a spring bushing. My theory is the first cross member will take most of the rotating load due to the bushings being further out. The bushing by the atlas will apply much less load and when the vehicle is sitting stationary it is just kind of hanging out. I put tabs on the back that are level with the ground for a bushing for the anti-wrap bar. Exhaust is going to be tight, but there is space.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette