Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Klogger V3.0

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Kevin and I bent a piece of tube to brace the 2 shock mounts together and then welded it in. A few shots of the underneath, hard to see everything, but a few points. The lower frame mount is a piece of 2X4X0.25 wall rectangular tube welded to the frame. It is far enough back that the t-case can be removed. The upper frames have 3 adjustable holes. Had to get new exhaust from the t-case back, I had the local exhaust shop sandwich in a tractor muffler, sounds ok, not as good as the magnaflow.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Then a set of 43" Stickies popped up on texas4x4. My 42" TSL's were getting pretty old, and while I was throwing money down a hole I bought them. Guy had bought them new in December, been on 8 trips. Guy named Alex, went to A&M, whiteshadow on texas 4x4. I had to get new rims so I bought some of Travis's China Beadlocks. Katelyn helped install them, this is the face she made when I asked about using a torque wrench...
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

And while burning money, The jeep body was getting pretty well, beat to ****. I found some straight outta china corner armor and rocker guards from eautogrilles.com , its about half the price of blue torch and all those guys and 25% the quality. But it bolted it on and I think made it look a lot better.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Did a little more work over the weekend, I never was happy with the front leaf spring position, the spring bushing set way back, this makes the nose stick out. Additionally the tire would come up into the back part of the fender. So I cut them off, I was able to move the spring perch 2.5" forward, while I was at it I "frenched" the hanger into the bumper and moved it up 1.5". My front leaf spring rear mounts have 4 holes and are adjustable. I am theorizing this dropped the front in 0.75" and now my wheel base is about 110". I like it, we'll see how it does at Clayton.

I also added a 3rd relay and a second fuse to the Taurus fan, I had it wired with 2 relays and 1 - 60 amp fuse, it ate one relay and melted the 60 amp fuse holder hopefully 2 60 amp fuses will be enough to supply the damn thing. The low speed/always on is fed via the 2 relays and high speed just has one relay.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

And jeep as it sets with armor on top of the hill at Hidden Falls
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Looks good.

How did you like the new tires? Did you notice a big difference compared to your old TSLs?

What about the 4 link? Happy with how it performed?