Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tcc xi

ill be your pickup man
    It was on Dumb and Dumber.

ANyone want to do a writeup? I had a great time. Great park. Will definitely go back.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Brian, I think it might have been. Some of the ledges there a so extremely undercut its not funny. The trails there have changed a bunch since we were there last. Some of the bypasses are now just as gnarly as the obstacles!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

as you can see by Sam's face, he really didn't like having to be recovered.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

We had a good time. My brother said he will be going on every trip I make from now on.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Fun trip. Park was fun, and extremely pretty. Lots of stuff for every variety of rig. I am going to be buying chromoly shafts ASAP
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    Fun trip. Park was fun, and extremely pretty. Lots of stuff for every variety of rig. I am going to be buying chromoly shafts ASAP
    and tires
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    I want to thank everyone for all the help I got out on the trail Saturday night

Ed, thanks for getting up to the top of that trail and getting the winch line out pretty fast

Taylor, thanks for being the first one to get there and make sure I was good, and helping get it back over, and hauling ass back to camp to get the chainsaw

Evan, thanks for winching trees down for me

Tate, thanks for getting in there and setting the brake and helping get it down. Also for the hand sawing

Tate's brother, thanks for relaying messages to Ed and driving me back to camp

Robbie, thanks for the ATF

Sparling, you were in there somewhere, doing something, thanks

Austin/Nix, thanks for the chainsawing

Tommy, thanks for hauling all my yard sale back up the hill to Ed's truck

Sam, you were in there to helping doing something. Gracias

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

I know it was a dumb roll. Fueled by a little ego and adrenaline. But would have been sweet if I made it!
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    I had a great time. I would describe it as a much bigger, much better Canyons, yet not as intense as k2. For the stocker rigs, this place is great. Bob was incredibly nice. The facilities and campground kinda sucked, but the trail map and trails were great

I had a a blast wheeling a stock TJ. Did 99% of the blue trails and a couple of the orange. It has alot of creek bottom trails. Lots of loose rock on the steep sections make that difficult.

You absolutely have to plan for a whole day on the trail. The ranch road back is a rough rocky road and it is probably a 45-60 min drive back from the back of the property.

I think we should make a trip to Trees every year. I also think we could help them out and maybe donate/fab some things like a bigger better fire ring, and maybe some homemade wood bench or something. Getting a trail cut and named after TAMOR or aTM or something would be cool as well. Do we have enough to donate functional chainsaw? ***.

I know getting me recovered Sunday kinda took over, but were there really any plans for a comp?

Didn't see to many new guys out there. Matt rode along, the Samurai and another TJ disappeared?

Great trip, night weather sucked, sleeping in truck sucked, still hungover, had a great time.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Turned out better than expected, but still some hickups. I was looking for a comp course all day but between running back and forth to camp several times I never could find anything suitable. Plus, Jb's recovery and the amount of broken rigs kinda put a damper on it.

Carnage

Me: Made one hill climb before my transmission blew up, and I blew a trailer tire.
    Sam: Blew both front axle shafts and someone welded his axles to his frame and filled his tires with concrete
    Jb: few light scratches
    Ed: Clutch linkage
    Evan: Blew a bead and bent a rim Koh racing back to camp to get his winch controller
    Dylan: Battery or alternator
    Robbie: battery and alternator
    Taylor: Ran out of beer during Jb recovery
    Tate: Probably killed his t-case, but his axle didn't run away this time
    Adam: CV shaft in his 4 wheeler

Probably forgetting something....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

My tcase never let go. I took it a little easy late Saturday because I have never had a rig make it to the comp on Sunday. Was pretty bummed there wasn't one.
    Austin broke a u-joint
    I had a tire go flat hauling ass back to camp and hitting a ledge. Drove back to camp on it. Then it went flat again pulling Johns rig out Sunday. Think it was just dirt in the bead with too low of air pressure that caused that one. I raped my hood on two different trees. I had the radiator overflow tank go into the fan. Thought it was a radiator at first and then found out I was lucky after popping the hood.
    Oh my transfercase linkage broke at camp before even starting the weekend. I had to crawl under all weekend to shift.
    My case never let up but is extremely loud. Doesn't want to hold the jeep on a hill when shut off either.
    I killed my top too when sliding into a tree bad when hooked to JB

My brothers jeep has some pin striping, his clutch took a beating Friday but seems good now, both nerf bars bent and top ripped.
    Thank you JB for taking him with you all weekend. He is now hooked and will be on every run I go on.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

I left Saturday evening while Tommy was gone, would yall prefer PayPal or cash? I owe $35 for Jeep, $15 for shirt (I guess I could pick up at the BBQ), and $30 for two passengers. So $80

Just cash at the BBQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

My scout isnt that rough

one of my trailer tires and tread decided to get a divorce on my way back to Paris yesterday, and that whore tread went ahead and wrapped itself around my trailer axle, so that added some extra time for my trip home, Thanks for getting me that spare Taylor!

As for carnage, blew both stubs, and my short side axleshaft. Long side is still fine. my exhaust also separated a little bit on the way back to camp.

All in all I thought the place rocked, but damn that drive is long.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    Thanks for getting me that spare Taylor!
    No problem, I guess we shouldn't have said anything about how good they held up before you left haha. which tire blew out?

Fred would know better but can you swap the outers to true d-44 outers instead of running the strange/weaker scout d-44/d-30 stuff? I would think you could take an entire waggy axle and swap everything from the knuckles out while keeping the 5x5.5" bolt pattern. You could also run high steer with the chevy flat top knuckles (don't believe you can do that with the scout knuckles).

Your pig is heavier then mine but it has a smaller wheel/tire combo and less go-pedal. I have never seen anyone snap d-44 shafts like you (you must have been wheeling right!).
    Last edited by 85cj7; 04-23-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!