Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: JB's TJ

ill be your pickup man
    I like the comp cut, and eventually ill probably stretch it, but Tommy makes decent point. I can always cut it
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I like the flares on the comp cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

I just figured he was doing axles and everything already.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    If you're going to cut it later, why not just do it now and be done with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

ill be your pickup man
    I thought I had already explained it, but looks like i didnt.

I want to get it trail worthy enough for a Colorado trip at the end of summer. Just do not have the time to tear it all down quite yet, and still want something I can wheel at DSO, Gen Sams, Shiloh etc. Might take it in is presently stockish form to Clayton this year, then start building it after that, so I wont miss any good trips.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pts/3752630682.html

Not too bad, expececially if I could get for $350-$400??? I want some 35s, but none have popped up on the list lately
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I'd do whatever Matt Conley did. His Jeep did all that stuff and managed to avoid looking like it fell off the trailer on the way to an event.

I think that those tires and wheels would rub horribly when turning. You need 3.75" or so of backspacing with stock axles to not rub the springs in the rear and the control arms in the front with 33's.

With tube fenders and comp corners in the rear you will be able to keep the body strait pretty easily.

What do you have for a rear axle?
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"

ill be your pickup man
    It has 33x12.5s on 15x10s now. Not sure what the spacing is, but they didn't rub at trees.

It has a 44 rear.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

If i did it over again with my jeep I would do the following things in this order.

- Good front bumper with winch
    -Good Rear bumper with tire carrier. You will drag the rear bumper alot with 33's even 35s and a stock wheelbase
    -Better skidplates
    - Upgrade upper and lower control arms to adjustable with flex joints
    - Reinforce all control arm and track bar mounts. A few small pieces of plate to box in the mounts and better tie them in to the axle tube is all that would be needed.
    -Comp Corners and rocker gaurds. 5x3 angle iron makes quick and easy rocker guards.
    -Front lunchbox locker or ARB (if you have 3.73 the front will use the same carrier if/when you regear)
    -Rear detroit or ARB and regear (with the limited slip D44 you can at a lunchbox locker and you will have to change carriers if/when you regear)

There is plenty more that you could do but your jeep should be trail ready for most any Colorado trails except Carnage Canyon as it is now with the addition of a winch. We had an IFS 4runner on 35's follow us all of the way up Holy Cross.

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    If i did it over again with my jeep I would do the following things in this order.

- Good front bumper with winch
    -Good Rear bumper with tire carrier. You will drag the rear bumper alot with 33's even 35s and a stock wheelbase
    -Better skidplates
    - Upgrade upper and lower control arms to adjustable with flex joints
    - Reinforce all control arm and track bar mounts. A few small pieces of plate to box in the mounts and better tie them in to the axle tube is all that would be needed.
    -Comp Corners and rocker gaurds. 5x3 angle iron makes quick and easy rocker guards.
    -Front lunchbox locker or ARB (if you have 3.73 the front will use the same carrier if/when you regear)
    -Rear detroit or ARB and regear (with the limited slip D44 you can at a lunchbox locker and you will have to change carriers if/when you regear)

There is plenty more that you could do but your jeep should be trail ready for most any Colorado trails except Carnage Canyon as it is now with the addition of a winch. We had an IFS 4runner on 35's follow us all of the way up Holy Cross.
    Good info Creighton.

I wanted to pick out a bumper this week and get it on order. Already have my XP9500. Still want something basic that will allow me to run the stock sway bar for now, but also something I can easily add tube to later. I wanted that Sinister bumper, but their website is being shady and never got a response from them

Should have the corners in later this month. Still undecided, but am leaning towards the comp cut with a flare that will match the fronts (a little different than the one in the pic above) These just bolt onto the existing sheetmetal and you mark/cut off the extra body right?

Rear bumper and sliders will be next.

Already noticed that the control arm mounts are getting chewed up. Seems like plating them could keep them usable for a few more trips.

Taylor has a pair of some adjustable arms I should probably buy.

Plan was to lunchbox lock the 44, then sell it when I go bigger.

What all is up with a TT? With stock suspension, all I really would need is a new skid right? It is not raising the transmission/tcase right?

Finally finished up the AA linkage bracket. The Quadratec linkage fix kit had the wrong size linkage rod grommets, so had to get those from Lithia today. Seems to shift fine. After more research, TJ guys really suck off that Novak cable shifter.
    Last edited by JB; 06-06-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370562767.449815.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  39.5 KB

92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Should have the corners in later this month. Still undecided, but am leaning towards the comp cut with a flare that will match the fronts (a little different than the one in the pic above) These just bolt onto the existing sheetmetal and you mark/cut off the extra body right?
    Plan was to lunchbox lock the 44, then sell it when I go bigger.

What all is up with a TT? With stock suspension, all I really would need is a new skid right? It is not raising the transmission/tcase right?
    Yep just bolt the corners on and cut off the extra body, you will have to figure something out to mount the filler neck and license plate on the driver side, or move the license plate to the middle of the spare and add a license plate light.

If you have the limited slip D44 rear you can't put a lunchbox in the rear because the LS is part of the case.

Most of the TT don't move the transmission and T-Case much if any higher. You will need to look into a Slip Yoke Eliminator and new rear if you don't already have one so that you can run a double cardian (CV) rear drive line.

ill be your pickup man
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371001034.132698.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  47.9 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371001046.497918.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  39.5 KB

Just test fitting now.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Worlds tallest workbench.