Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Exploder

Quote Originally Posted by gleslie View Post
    I'll give it a shot. That u joint will probably be a pain to get to. Are unit bearings another word for wheel bearings or is that something different?
    It's something different ( and more expensive) you have wheel bearings
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

There's 2 u joints on that side since you have ttb. I'm pretty sure on the inner one you have to remove a c clip inside the diff but the outside u joint should just require taking the spindle off and sliding the shaft out. In case you haven't noticed, there's 4 shafts on the passenger side of the diff.
    Last edited by Sparling; 07-17-2013 at 02:52 AM.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    troof
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Graham
    Did a coolant flush and bought a 11" fan to try and help with the overheating issue. I couldn't fit it directly over the rad but I could fit it over the transmission cooler stacked on the rad, so if I'm lucky it'll help cool both. I ended up using the relay and wiring from my old lights now that they're not hooked up anymore.

Mounted it on this ****ty little thing I put together.

We'll see tomorrow if it makes any difference when it's 100 degrees and I crank the AC.

Pretty sure this is the first thing I've done to my truck where nothing went horribly wrong haha. I guess I'm getting better.

I'm gonna take a look at replacing those u joints this weekend.

Brazos valley driveline has spice u joints if you care, otherwise i have had good luck with moog parts
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Graham
    The fan didn't do anything to help so I returned it, I replaced my thermostat and I think that helped the overheating but I won't really know until it's hot again.

I checked my u joints and they actually seem ok, I didn't notice any play. I took my hub apart and regreased and retorqued everything, Maybe my spindle nuts on the manual conversion may have been loose? I guess I'll find out.

compression check, if it passes, replace radiator

Graham
    I replaced the fan clutch and that solved my overheating problems.

I also had the same kid who did my bumper make me some tube doors:

I'm pretty happy with them. I got some mirrors on them, and this weekend I'm going to figure out some kind of latch mechanism for them, and paint them with the same rubberized coating I used everywhere else.

Also, I moved in to a new house with Colbie (silverado) and he brought a little harbor freight welder so I'm going to get used to that and eventually weld some light bar brackets on my bumper as my first project.

Graham
    Rear differential is clunking and starter died. My neighbor Dave has the exact same 8.8 sitting at home and was kind enough to donate it so I'm planning on swapping the new one in spring over axle once I have some time.

Is your neighbor Dr. Danger?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Is your neighbor Dr. Danger?
    Looks like it! That's Holleman, alright.