Quote Originally Posted by colman View Post
so would you paint a vehicle yourself after all that work or send it to a shop..... i have a 66 bronco and a 67 mustang that will be ready for paint the first of next year most likely and considering doing it myself. I have always stayed away from painting anything past a rattle can.
I'm fairly certain I will never paint a vehicle again. I have learned from this experience that painting takes patience and dedication to detail that is difficult for me to maintain. However, there is some amazing sort of satisfaction in putting down the spray gun and seeing the transformation. I don't know of another part of building a car where there is so much visual change in such a small amount of time as actually spraying the paint.....it's the months of body work, surface prep, and masking that I am not in a hurry to do again.

With that said, I don't know of another service that could have done the quality of work I achieved for anywhere around a similar price. When I was researching it last year I was amazed at the price of a quality paint job. $10k plus was not unusual. What I have as a finished product is certainly better than a Maaco $1000 paint job and the ability to say you did it yourself is pretty cool.