Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mack the tow pig

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Don't kid yourself....
    Not on the same tune but yes it will.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

ill be your pickup man
    #1 How many times have you or Sparling mentioned how much the transmissions in these trucks suck? Sparling's ricer had a new transmission put in it recently right? And the first 3 things you want to do do your truck involve adding a bunch of power and sending that through your ****ty transmission. Good call.

#2 As BDR stated, you want it to tow better but you haven't even towed with it. Sounds a little dumb.

#3 Exhaust. Dear Lord sweet baby Jesus do not put a loud ass exhaust on it. Do nothing to it. It will sound incredibly poor. No one thinks it sounds good. Not one person. Maybe Dodge guys 16-19 years of age. But no one else. Horrible. Do you want to be one of those guys? Do you want to be a Sparling? Please don't.

#4 7.3s hold their value Riced out 7.3s don't.

Drive it, fix Bronco, you will be happier. You will get to wheel, and you won't be a douchebag.
    Last edited by JB; 06-18-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Not on the same tune but yes it will.
    Maybe it could, but it won't. I would bet a lot of money that tommy, or yourself, will spend more money on fuel with the tuners than without. Sure maybe coasting on the Eco-hippie tune you can get better mileage but the other 95% of the time you will get less than stock.

But I'm for the tuner, no need to justify **** to me
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Srsly like removing the muffler will like not even make a difference unless ur like driving like an asshole already, and then what doesn't it really matter.

Idle and normally driving might have a very slight increase in whistle and I'm sure that's something tommy would like.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    #1 How many times have you or Sparling mentioned how much the transmissions in these trucks suck? Sparling's ricer had a new transmission put in it recently right?

#2 As BDR stated, you want it to tow better but you haven't even towed with it. Sounds a little dumb.
    Pretending to not be a ricer:

1. The transmissions aren't the greatest, but my truck has 250k and was a haul truck for a cement company before I got it. Plus, anything with that many miles is asking for a bad trans.

2. Have you ever driven a 8000 lbs truck that only has 225hp? Yeah the 7.3 is awesome in the longevity department but they could definitely use a bit more power.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

I'm doing it just to piss jb off now.

Anyone have a good estimate of in town fuel mileage? My fuel guage doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Born to Kill

True Hollywood Stry
    I average 16 with intown highway mix. Best I ever got was 18, towing at just about any speed is 10.

No rice at all here.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Pretending to not be a ricer:

1. The transmissions aren't the greatest, but my truck has 250k and was a haul truck for a cement company before I got it. Plus, anything with that many miles is asking for a bad trans.

2. Have you ever driven a 8000 lbs truck that only has 225hp? Yeah the 7.3 is awesome in the longevity department but they could definitely use a bit more power.
    My f150 weighs 6000 and has 300hp if y'all want to borrow it
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Don't be a douchebag is sage advice.
    BDR

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    My f150 weighs 6000 and has 300hp if y'all want to borrow it
    1. No

2. My rice has more than that now.

3. Ain't got no torques

4. Your f150's wheels are too rice/Mexican for me

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    I'll take a swing at this since I'm a 7.3 owner.

1. Tummy, don't waste time on the filter it doesn't give you any gain and is a beating. As for exhaust, if you insist on getting 4" straight, order a cheap kit on eBay for $200, mine fit pretty good. But on another note, even my high school students tell me mine sounds terrible straight piped, so think in that one. For what you are doing power gains are minimal. As far as the TS chip, I love mine I get 17mpg on the highway, but know you in the city your gas pedal will be a smoke switch so do not expect good mileage increases.

2. Everyone that beats of to these trucks and claims 200k is just broken in, are not taking account for all the other **** that breaks or wears out on these trucks. I for one have had to replace 50% of the orings and gaskets on the top end of the motor, power steering pump, ac, clutch, the entire front end twice (w/moog parts), and the entire brake system. Ya, the motor last a while but everything around it falls apart. You just part yourself a project. Good luck on that trans as well.

3. Sparling this is for you. I get the idea your ewang for power strokes is Ron Jeremy status but what you haven't taken in account with all the mods you'll want to do and are doing to these trucks aren't worth **** with out increasing oil pressure to the injectors. The stock HPOP is only good for a maximum of 75-90 hp increase with any tune or turbo mods. Unless you upgrade the pump of double them up, you are throwing money away, even Tony Wildman would agree. Put your truck on a dyno and be prepared to be disappointed.

In conclusion, these are great trucks. They are great in stock form and there is some room to improve on. But remember the age of the vehicles and the fact you are trying to horrod a 4 ton truck. Instead of waste $800 on performance parts, save it for a trans or other parts that will go bad in a few months and once the truck is up and going great then modify it. Hell to fix the paint alone will cost that.

I know one of y'all will say I have no room to talk on this subject. But I did everything you want to do to mine, and although I think most of it was an ok choice, so would have leaving it stock.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

3. Sparling this is for you. I get the idea your ewang for power strokes is Ron Jeremy status but what you haven't taken in account with all the mods you'll want to do and are doing to these trucks aren't worth **** with out increasing oil pressure to the injectors. The stock HPOP is only good for a maximum of 75-90 hp increase with any tune or turbo mods. Unless you upgrade the pump of double them up, you are throwing money away, even Tony Wildman would agree. Put your truck on a dyno and be prepared to be disappointed.
    I've had the CEL for low oil pressure, I have logs of what my oil pressure is at WOT. But it doesn't matter what I say, I'm just a ricer.

Tommy, find me the link to that thread you were talking about. I can't find anything on google.

Not the same one. Didn't read it all the way through but I'm sure one of these douches will comment on it.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...etting-114878/
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.