Thread: Ultimate off-road race

Ultimate off-road race

For those who don't know today is the start of the 25th Paris-Dakar. Tune in tommorrow to the speed channel to see the highlights at 6 pm central. These guys make Ironman Stuart look like a little girl. Especially the motorcycle riders.

Big trucks kick ass

Did anybody catch the dakar rally. WOW! the greatest was an old clip from 1990 of a 10 ton DAF truck pushing something like 1000HP+ passing a peugeot rally car in the open desert doing well over 100 mph(and getting air too) . The only crappy part is the guy crashed a few kms later and killed his co-driver and dropped out of the race. I would venture and guess that the CG on those bad boys kind of sucks.

DAF truck?

Duh?

It's a european make. I'm sure you've heard of the Mercedes Unimog, right? Well, there are other makes of trucks that follow a similar design/ layout as the unimog. For instance: Bedford, Ginaf, Scania, Tatra, MAN, Liaz, the Russian Kamaz, the Italian Iveco, and don't forget the Japanese Hino.

pinzgauer

none of those in the current dakar...I think they lost their edge

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Ah ****...i can't believe I'm missing that. Screw working on stuff here...I'm on my way back to the house since I don't get speed vision here.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)