Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone familiar with wiring for an LED light bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Less than 2 actually. If you're using 100W bulbs. 100w / 12v = 8.3amps for each kc light.
    212.4/14.5=14.65
    212.4/12=17.7

So using your logic, they use even fewer amps. Good argument. Both sets of halogen off road lights I had were 100w lights. I just looked at 10 random halogen lights on poly performance and 5 were 100w, 2 were 55w and 3 were offered in either. There were a few I couldn't count because they were 130w only.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

If you can't figure it out, it ok. Your calculations are obviously biased to whatever kind of point you are trying to make.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

My point is that you don't need a relay. Halogen off road lights are rated at 12v because they use an H1 bulb, and that's what the government uses for ratings on automotive bulbs. Where did you get 87% from?
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

My point is that you don't need a relay. Halogen off road lights are rated at 12v because they use an H1 bulb, and that's what the government uses for ratings on automotive bulbs. Where did you get 87% from?
    Ok you're getting closer on the wiring issue, please refer to Karl's post for the statistic. If we are going to compare lights let's use the same standard, it doesn't matter which one but keep it consistent. Also this is not a rigid bar. Lastly if we are talking about what is needed, neither a switch, relay, or fuse is needed if you are willing to hold the wire ends onto the battery posts...

Born to Kill

Anyone familiar with wiring for an LED light bar?

I was using the same standard for both, until you decided it would be better to use 14.5 volts until you saw that it didn't fit your argument.

Also, there's no need to hold the wires onto the battery posts. Just jam the wires into the terminal and you're set.

Last edited by Sparling; 09-06-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

I was using the same standard for both, until you decided it would be better to use 14.5 volts until you saw that it didn't fit your argument.

Also, there's no need to hold the wires onto the battery posts. Just jam the wires into the terminal and you're set.

Ah, your original claim of 14.4 amps was based off of a ~14.5 volt system
    Born to Kill

I might have to go to this system with my hid's
    Born to Kill

I figured I'd post some pictures of the finished product. I'm really happy with the light out put on it, drove around 47 the other night and could see quite a ways down the road.

Headlights only

Headlights + LED

Looks good
    Born to Kill