Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mason - Weekend of January 25, 2002

froader03

Mason

it's the weekend of January 25. LHOR and us. I want to get a count of who's planning on going. so if you wanna go send me a PM or email or IM, but don't post to this thread just to say "I'm going." thanx and Gig 'Em.

Hensel

froader03
    here's a little update on the mason trip. right now we have about a dozen people going. if you are going you need to get your info (name, student ID, and emergency contact) to Lynda (safety@tamor.org). and if you haven't seen the safety video you need to do so before driving on the trail (let Lynda know you need to do this). we will be camping there. it's $40 for a weekend of wheeling and camping. any passengers are an additional $5. all this information in on the Katemcy website. it is mandatory that you have anchor points front and rear as well as seatbelts. and if you don't have a hardtop you must have a rollcage. these are their rules and they won't let you wheel out there otherwise. it is also required that you fill out a release form which you can print out from their site and have ready to turn in when you get there. all for now.

Hensel

You might want to have them update their site on the schedule.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

froader03
    they know we're coming. they have since October. don't get me started on all this. there's a cute little story to it.

froader03
    here's the deal with the rollcage requirement...

Jason:
    If you have a vehicle with a non-removable factory steel hardtop (i.e. pickups, latemodel Broncos and Blazers) you can wheel without a roll bar or cage, although we obviously prefer the roll bars/cages.

Shain

Hey Jason, you hear LHOR got the Austin LandCrusier Club (or whatever) going down there with em. Prob why they throwing a fit about us having to many people
    Cody Ainsworth || FTAC '05 || '91 YJ
    4.0, SOA, 36" IROKs, D30/F8.8, LockRight/Detroit, 4.56s, Hydro-Assist, fullcage, TJ flares, blah blah blah.
    www.Jeeps-Offroad.com || Pictures

Originally posted by froader03
    here's the deal with the rollcage requirement...

Jason:
    If you have a vehicle with a non-removable factory steel hardtop (i.e. pickups, latemodel Broncos and Blazers) you can wheel without a roll bar or cage, although we obviously prefer the roll bars/cages.

Shain
    So Scout with the REMOVABLE hard top is S.O.L.? I' don't think I am going to make it anyway, just wondering.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

When we visited the last time it was kind of like, if you got it there you could drive it. There were no vehicle inspections of any sort.

froader03
    I think both of you (Ryan and Jimmy) will be alright. obviously if Jimmy were to remove the hardtop they probably wouldn't let him wheel. this is just my best guess, but I can't see why they wouldn't let either of you guys out there.

I guess I'm out then. Topless and I sold my roll bar. Need to get dave's junk finished so I can start my cage.

Talking

well i think they know we are coming http://198.139.121.46/katemcyrocks/index.html#news

BigRedFord04
    someone make sure that we bring a couple stickers to put up on their "K-Rock Wall"

froader03
    I am sadened by the complete lack of faith in the administration.

BigRedFord04

Question

can the club help w/ the dues for the weekend? $40 is pretty high, especially considering that most of us will spend that much in gas for the trip...then theres beer, food, etc....$100+ trip...a little help here?

froader03
    this is a very important trip. aside from the usual desire to have a good turnout, especially with LHOR in attendance, this is the location of the Club Challenge we are putting on later this semester. that means we'll need to do some planning while we're there. I'd like to not have to go back to Mason for the sole purpose of planning because we didn't get it done this time.

THIS APPLIES TO ALL MEMBERS, ESPECIALLY ADMINISTRATION AND THOSE WHO EXPRESSED A DESIRE TO GET INVOLVED WITH THE PLANNING OF THIS EVENT.

now's your chance to step up. I've heard talk of expanding the club as far as membership and becoming a more active club altogether. there are many aspects to this. the trip to Mason next weekend is a prime example of what I am talking about. we need more people on trips. we need more involvement from everyone. now's the time. as of right now I'm starting a subcommittee for the Texas Club Challenge. this group will be comprised of nonadministrative members who desire involvement in the planning and coordination of this event in order to assist the current administration. this is to ensure that absolutely all bases are not just covered, but covered well. while at the same time ensuring that no excessive burden be placed on any member, officer or not, which might compromise their regularly assigned duties.

if you want to take part in this let me know by IM, PM, email or phone call. you need to be in Mason next weekend and obviously for the event in april. I'll let everyone know who volunteered for this after the meeting next week.

all for now.

Hensel
    Last edited by froader03; 01-16-2003 at 11:34 AM.