Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Side by Sides

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    I disagree, the kubotas are made to work, the mules are somewhere in between. The rangers are made for fun.
    Just yesterday one of my buddies was complaining about their kabotas, I don't have any experience with them.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Just yesterday one of my buddies was complaining about their kabotas, I don't have any experience with them.
    We have two kubotas 900 diesels, and they are ****ing awesome. Not very fast but will pull anything, have 4x4, and a large hydraulic tilt bed. We have had one of them for about 10 years, and the other one for about 3. The only issue we have is that sometimes the radiator gets clogged with dust and debris from driving through pastures. One of my little cousins didnt know about this or to look at the temp guage so he overheated the old one and we had to get the motor replaced. That was 4 years ago and it is still kicking ass.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    We have two kubotas 900 diesels, and they are ****ing awesome. Not very fast but will pull anything, have 4x4, and a large hydraulic tilt bed. We have had one of them for about 10 years, and the other one for about 3. The only issue we have is that sometimes the radiator gets clogged with dust and debris from driving through pastures. One of my little cousins didnt know about this or to look at the temp guage so he overheated the old one and we had to get the motor replaced. That was 4 years ago and it is still kicking ass.
    So it's like a tiny tractor with less uses and terrible resale.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

ill be your pickup man
    Where you getting terrible resale? You looked on CL lately at used utv prices ?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Where you getting terrible resale? You looked on CL lately at used utv prices ?
    Yes, have you seen what has been selling and or what cash will buy? Also the resale was my friends major gripe. I'm sure if you are in the market he will make you a good deal.
    Born to Kill

No. Not at all. We use them as little ranch trucks. Haul dirt and other **** in the bed, check fence, etc. they go anywhere a truck can't. You rode in one with me when you came down and seemed really impressed with it. Don't know who slipped you the haterade.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

We purchased two of these 4wd ranger xps about two years ago and I love them. I can load one in the bed of the pickup and run it all day off the same tank of gas. Except for ripping tires on sapling mesquites and hackberrys I haven't had any problems with them. They can drive down creek beds and wetland areas where there is no way I could take a truck. Plus they are lighter and have a smaller footprint so they don't rip up the ground as much and I don't get yelled at by landowners.
    Last edited by 85cj7; 02-21-2014 at 11:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    No. Not at all. We use them as little ranch trucks. Haul dirt and other **** in the bed, check fence, etc. they go anywhere a truck can't. You rode in one with me when you came down and seemed really impressed with it. Don't know who slipped you the haterade.
    I had to use others, but you don't have to justify your utvs to me. I'm sure kabota makes the most workable utv out there, but I would rather be in a $2500 4wd ford ranger with ac

Edit - my wife is wanting a rzr or maverick... I'm not sure what that says about utvs

Last edited by BroncoJo; 02-21-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    Born to Kill

Don't get me wrong utvs can be pretty great, just like a new diesel truck with big fancy tow mirrors.

We have been murdering the pigs in matagorda and Wharton county using utvs.

Born to Kill

Can't wait for Honda to catch up on the utv market. I bet they'll make a rzr killer that's not a piece within the next couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

I've been saying that since yamaha came out with the rino.
    Born to Kill

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Yes, have you seen what has been selling and or what cash will buy? Also the resale was my friends major gripe. I'm sure if you are in the market he will make you a good deal.
    Do YOU know what they are selling for?

I do think they should not be confused with a mini tractor. Plenty of good uses.

Tate needs Mules or Kubotas. SxSs are not cheap. Even 8k for a new 2wd Mule doesn't sound that absurd. Poloaris has like 13k 4wheelers out now I think.

If your buddy is not buying a SxS because of resale value, he probably doesn't need to be buying one.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Do YOU know what they are selling for?

I do think they should not be confused with a mini tractor. Plenty of good uses.

Tate needs Mules or Kubotas. SxSs are not cheap. Even 8k for a new 2wd Mule doesn't sound that absurd. Poloaris has like 13k 4wheelers out now I think.

If your buddy is not buying a SxS because of resale value, he probably doesn't need to be buying one.
    Compared to tractors or other similar equipment resale is terrible, I don't think many will argue that? Sure low hour rzr's can fetch a pretty penny but try to sell something with 1000 hours. My buddy buys millions of dollars of equipment, but that doesn't mean he wants to throw his money away.
    Born to Kill

And he is probably going to keep buying the kabotas for his farm. Can am for play
    Born to Kill

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I picked up this little guy about 2 weeks ago, 2007 Mule 610 4x4, 150 hours, paid 3900. ITP 589 tires and aftermarket rims. Has a crappy harbor freight 2000 lbs winch that does nothing. Owned by a 67 year old man, so it has not been "down southed". While I will agree it is not a Polaris ranger, I have been happy with it so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette