I recently went a week long outing to Utah with 8 other Rovers led by Bill Burke. We started the trip in Blanding Utah and ended the trip in the Canyonlands where Elephant Hill dumps out in to a parking lot. Completely off of the road for the entire week except for 1 small section where the road was washed out about 10 feet and we skipped the bridge building option in favor of beer and campfire.

It was nice to get out and do the kind of wheeling that existed before pirate4x4. Bill's knowledge of the history and geography of Utah is amazing, we saw all sorts of Indian and Mormon historical sites and scenic over looks that you just can't access unless you are willing to poop out doors for a week and have a 4 wheel drive.

Only carnage was a blown out BFG and one guy broke a stock axle shaft on stair steps before Elephant Hill. I also got lost in the woods for about an hour after dropping a duece and only had a shovel, TP, and a lighter. Not exactly my top 3 things I'd pick for survival. I almost had to club a deer in the head and sleep inside it ton-ton style, but my forest navigation skills kicked in and I was able to find my way back to camp.