Thread: projects and parts

Hybrid View

True Hollywood Stry
    Guilty! I took my beat up FJ Cruiser into the shop and filed a claim and had it fixed before they could get an adjuster out to look at the vehicle. About $6,000 worht of body work accumulated from 2 years of Off Roading it hard. About 3 months later I got a letter from State Farm saying that since I was using my vehicles for Off Road use they would be electing NOT to renew my insurance in 2 months. Oh well I shopped around and found better prices with Travelers.

Totally innocent.. I think this needs to move to the kitchen...
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Guilty! I took my beat up FJ Cruiser into the shop and filed a claim and had it fixed before they could get an adjuster out to look at the vehicle. About $6,000 worht of body work accumulated from 2 years of Off Roading it hard. About 3 months later I got a letter from State Farm saying that since I was using my vehicles for Off Road use they would be electing NOT to renew my insurance in 2 months. Oh well I shopped around and found better prices with Travelers.

Totally innocent.. I think this needs to move to the kitchen...
    Yup that happened. I told them when I made the claim that I was driving off road and ran it into some trees. It was covered under my policy. I used a contracted State Farm body shop (Toyota of Dallas) that doesn't require an insurance adjuster to visit the vehicle because of the contract they have with State Farm to not commit fraud. They deemed I was too high of a risk (since I drove OFF ROAD, no big surprise there) and elected not to renew me. That is all perfectly legal, and on the up and up. I work insurance claims for a living, I know policies and coverage like the back of my hand.

So as you said, totally innocent. But I fail to see how this has any bearing whatsoever on the topic at hand of titles and vin plates. I am no hypocrite and I admit who I am. If you want to sling mud do it with something better than a completely legitimate insurance claim.