3 15.79%

8 42.11%
  • All new trucks suck

5 26.32%
  • I am a whore

3 15.79%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ecoboost vs 5.0

Still got that emblem that looks like karl's mom's uterus on the front? Yeah I wouldnt pay $48K.

My truck has ass chillers too, I do not value anything made by dodge at 160% of the price of my truck. And that is from a person who owned a dodge diesel and loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    Still got that emblem that looks like karl's mom's uterus on the front? Yeah I wouldnt pay $48K.

My truck has ass chillers too, I do not value anything made by dodge at 160% of the price of my truck. And that is from a person who owned a dodge diesel and loved it.
    Difference in people's opinions and values.

Damn y'all, I would have got an ecoboost if I never asked but maybe I should stick with the 5.0. Does anyone have any insight on resale? I really don't plan on keeping this truck for very long.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Damn y'all, I would have got an ecoboost if I never asked but maybe I should stick with the 5.0. Does anyone have any insight on resale? I really don't plan on keeping this truck for very long.
    The only truck that keeps its resale worth a **** is a diesel and the Raptor. Outside of that they all tank.

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    The only truck that keeps its resale worth a **** is a diesel and the Raptor. Outside of that they all tank.
    It's ridiculous what people pay for a used ( or new ) raptor.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Just looked at my truck on kbb, private party resale for the eco-boost is $37.9 vs 5.0 is $35.9, incidentally that is more than I paid for my truck new even with 40k miles on it now.

I bought mine in October 2012 from Champion Ford in Katy, they were dumping the 2012's at the time and had quite a few sitting on the lot, the price quoted from the online sales guy was lower than anyone else before I even haggled with them.
    So you loose, I win!

Just looked at my truck on kbb, private party resale for the eco-boost is $37.9 vs 5.0 is $35.9, incidentally that is more than I paid for my truck new even with 40k miles on it now.

I bought mine in October 2012 from Champion Ford in Katy, they were dumping the 2012's at the time and had quite a few sitting on the lot, the price quoted from the online sales guy was lower than anyone else before I even haggled with them.
    What was the sticker and what did you pay? Not including ttl, if you don't mind.
    Born to Kill

MSRP was $44,260
    I dont remember exactly what I paid, it was $31.something, the quote they gave originally was $33,362 via email. The price was easy, getting them to give me what I wanted for my trade-in, took a little more doing.
    So you loose, I win!

MSRP was $44,260
    I dont remember exactly what I paid, it was $31.something, the quote they gave originally was $33,362 via email. The price was easy, getting them to give me what I wanted for my trade-in, took a little more doing.
    That's pretty good, without a trade-in I'm figuring to get 10-11k off sticker, hopefully.
    Born to Kill

I don't know how accurate KBB is anymore. Trade in values they suck at, but I wonder if Private Party values are realistic?

If you're not going to keep it for long, why not buy used? Buying with resale in mind is dumb. My truck will be a ragged out piece of **** with a bajillion miles on it when I'm done with it so trim level and engine probably won't matter to whatever Mexican I sell it to.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Difference in people's opinions and values.
    Or people who prefer to not have their interiors fall apart after a few years.

But, I drive a GM product. Where fancy fuel saving technology (cylinder shutoff) actually equals spark plug oil fouling technology with no real mileage gains to show for it.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

Quote Originally Posted by TexTJ209 View Post
    Or people who prefer to not have their interiors fall apart after a few years.
    Hell what do I care I have never kept a vehicle longer than 4 years

But seriously I don't know what Fiat has done, but the interior of this Dodge is nicer than my Cadillac. Props to them, we will have to see how it holds up over time.
    Last edited by FJAggie07; 07-09-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    If you're not going to keep it for long, why not buy used? Buying with resale in mind is dumb. My truck will be a ragged out piece of **** with a bajillion miles on it when I'm done with it so trim level and engine probably won't matter to whatever Mexican I sell it to.
    Work is suppose to be switching me to a vehicle allowance for this truck so I'm pretty sure they will be expecting me to maintain a vehicle in nice or new condition. Also if they stop paying me I want to be sure I can sell the mother ****er.

Hell what do I care I have never kept a vehicle longer than 4 years

But seriously I don't know what Fiat has done, but the interior of this Dodge is nicer than my Cadillac. Props to them, we will have to see how it holds up over time.
    I definitely did not get this feeling from the 1500 I drove, however i do think the initial paint quality is better on the ram.
    Born to Kill

dodge HD interior upgrades happened in 2010. I have the first year. They fall apart still. the brand new ones are only slightly nicer because of the bigger screen I couldn't tell anything different other than that. Coil sprung rear in a 2500 is interesting. curious how that works out.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)