Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The EcoBoost Build Up

Need them fiberglass fenders brah. Raptor one piece conversion front end. Robby Gordon says you ain't got shiet!
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

If some combination of bolt on **** could make a basic Ef Won Fiddy perform like a $70k Raptor and get 17mpg instead of 12, I can't help but think Ford would offer it.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

You would think.

Its not that hard if you don't mind dropping the money. There's multiple companies offering upgraded a arms and long travel kits. As long as you don't get crazy with the tire size you should be able to keep the mpg up.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

I heard cummins get 70 mpg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    Especially now that Fiat took over
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Raptors have less travel than my dodge, hard to even call them mid travel...

With just new upper arms and a decent strut I should net 10 inches of wheel travel ( raptors have 11 inches )and be over half a foot narrower and lower. The rear is almost exactly the same with the raptors having a very slight decrease in spring rate.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    Especially now that Fiat took over
    1500 mile round trip to Florida all highway netted me 18.5 mpg calculated by fuelly.com, computer says 19 mpg. So far with 2900 miles on the truck I have gotten 12 mpg in the city, and 18.5 mpg on the highway. Pleasantly surprised. Fuelly logbook if anyone wants to see, pretty cool website/ap.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/2500/2014/Aggie/301354

Quick update:

So far I'm north of 2200 miles and I'm very happy with choosing the ecoboost. Plenty of power, I can pass people on the highway without down shifting, easily do long smokey burn outs and I just enjoy how it drives ( compared to the 3.73 geared 5.0 ). The e-locka and 4x4 are awesome, but traction control blows. I'm currently working in houston so mpg has been: city commute ~18mpg, country living 15-16 mpg, hauling two kayaks on a trailer 12-13 mpg, driving 75-80 16-17mpg, also driving 80-85 14-16mpg. Driving in the city is awesome, however I'm a little disappointed with how the mpg drops off so much at speeds of 75.

I'm probably going to tone done the suspension upgrades some and focus on the dodge. I want to keep the ride height the same, maybe lower the back an inch and go with a similar set-up the raptors have. Definitely want to get a tuner and other bs, but will probably stick with the factory tires and wheels for a while.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Hennessy Engineering is coming out with some performance upgrade packages later this year, early next year. They said near 500HP is achievable in these motors without ruining the daily drivability of them. I wouldn't mind seeing what that power felt like in our new explorer. I have seen no information anywhere to support it, this is just from talking to them on the phone.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

There are plenty of 500hp ecoboost out there. Most have a single turbo
    Born to Kill

I wouldn't buy anything from Hennessey anyways. They've lied to and cheated lots of people out of thousands and thousands of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Quick update:

hauling two kayaks on a trailer 12-13 mpg,
    MPG looks like it sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    MPG looks like it sucks
    That's not much worse than the cummins but I aggree. Also that's figured with about 40 miles highway ( mostly 75 mpg), and about 20 miles of some fairly soft sand. I'm mostly disappointed in the 70+mpg especially since I opted for the 3.55 gears.

Any updates on this or is it still stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Any updates on this or is it still stock?
    35k miles... I'll probably get a new truck soon so I'm not messing with it.
    Born to Kill