Found another 86 on CL the other day up in Marble Falls. I showed up and the guy has a stable full of ****ty big Broncos. Pretty interesting character. First thing he wanted to do was lock the hubs and climb some ****. Everything worked well enough. A/C blows cold for now. There is a title issue, but I think I can make it work.

The drivetrain is exactly like Swamp Donkey. 302/AOD/1354/8.8 Interior is same. Only difference is the baby blue.

Plans.

Cut/turned beams up front
Fox 5.0s
40s
Deavers. DEAVERS BRO!
Get rid of EFI and go with a carb
super light weight wheels
swap in a ZF
25 mpg

Just ****ing kidding. Why the **** would I do that. I am not bombing up and down a Texas beach with a fishing pole. Don't need all that

Real Plans:
-New or newer 31s or 32s. I think I might keep the wagon wheels and just get proper center caps.
-Head unit
-winch for the Warn classic up front
-all the basic tune up stuff/fluids
-most of the weatherstripping is toast, so some replacements for at least the door windows
-tailgate has typical rust, not sure what I will do there, maybe just **** it.
-remove top, create kayak rack and/or research what softops for big broncos go for currently.
-small PS leak
-needs new rear bumper as it did not come with one. Factory chrome through JBG is cheap

Biggest issue is the transmission. It shifts very smoothly 1-3, but does not like to stay in OD.