Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Clayton Christmas Carnage - '14!

Leaving magnolia. Northbound!
    BDR

ill be your pickup man
    Great trip. That drive home gets longer every year.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Great trip. That drive home gets longer every year.

Not with the 4.6. Pretty sure I set a record

good times

Had a blast, WTWE was funny, red beans and rice were excellent, and the company was great.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Dana 30 luck only goes so far...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    You are clearly Texan...

Scheisse!
    BDR

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Bravo sir! you proper f'd that thing.

Don't scrap it, JB weld it!
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I'm impressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    That's nice.

Hey, who was it that took the pic of Lurch right before the left front chromo shaft exploded in sparks and flying debris? I'd like a copy of it.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Trip Report:

Carnage:

Weeble - Dana 30 Diff Housing - Impressive
    Robbie - Broken Steering Knuckle - Repaired by Slim, Shattered leaf spring on front passenger side, attached winch cable and drove out
    Jones - Broke a rear leaf spring at the eye, luckily he has the frenched in pockets in the frame and the thing sat down in that and was able to get off the trail and he had a spare and replaced
    Karl - Toasted a starter on the trailer, Broke a long side inner on the scout Friday afternoon, replaced, wheeled Saturday, gear shifting is now questionable
    Fred - Ball Joint, Axle shaft, repaired Friday night
    Creighton - Axle Shaft and Gas Tank
    BDR - Rear Glass and several contents of a center console

Summary:

Headed up Thursday evening, upon arrival found that Schubring, Busa, and Robbie had gone night wheeling. Robbie broke his knuckle on Slim's Slope that night. He pulled it, took it to Slim's shop and had him weld and plate it over night.

Friday morning everyone hit green acres. The main access road being off limits makes it kind of a pain, but the only trails it really impacts are Jeff's Ledges, 8 point, and black sheep. Right off the bat my solenoid hung and toasted my starter, Went to Napa while everyone else was getting unloaded and replaced. We ran the creek trail as far as we could and Heath noticed he was losing steering fluid. We found he had reinstalled his ram incorrectly and had damaged a fitting. Jones and him ran to Napa, got a replacement fitting and we went up the mountain. We ran a couple of trails (Zig Zag, backside Loop, Gully Washer, etc.....) and found Slim's Slope. We also ran into Fred, BDR, Creighton, and others taking the loop trail. About 10' into Slim's Slope I blew a long side inner. Luckily BDR was able to winch me to the other trail and Creighton was able to "power pull" me thru the rest. While we did that Jones and Heath continued running Slim's Slope. This is where Jones broke a rear leaf spring and from what I gather seperated ihs rear driveshaft. They got it sucked back up and together somehow, maybe Jones can expand on this. We got back down off the mountain and proceeded to perform repairs. I found the inside of the Scout axle to be mainly filled with mud instead of grease...

Saturday we got up bright and early and hit the trail again. BDR, Flem, and some others hit Freilings, I would be curious as to their summary of that park. The group I was with ran Green Mamba, Green Mamba Extension, and Walk in the Park. Going up Walk in the park my shifter linkage pin fell out and I had to Zip Tie it back in place. Cook assisted by putting a more permanent cotter pin in the linkage. At that point we met up with Creighton, Kyle, Fred, Cook, etc... and ran Walter's Mule Road back down and re-ran green mamba. Then we went to run Cake Walk. At some point in there my Scout would no longer go in to Drive without stepping out and pushing the shift tab on the side of the trans into Drive, so Jones and I peeled off back to the trailers.

At the hotel there was red beans and rice and WTWE. I think the highlight for me was either a full stand up copier that was destroyed by an axe or the "pocket va jay jay" named "Janine" that someone slammed into Tum Tum's face hard enough to give him a nose bleed, leaving the latex copy of an organ bloody. Fred remembered to get the required equipment for the "CJ pass around" and we performed that ceremony. I did my best to come up with a few words and Scott had a good message for the group.

Please post up any pictures or links to photobucket, etc.. you have.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

who has the picture of seth swinging the axe at the copy machine while Robbie is purging nitrous?

I've got that pic and will post it when I have better internet server.

Send your best PG-rated pics to JeffreyLBrown15@gmail.com so I can get them on our FB album.
    Badass trip, great wheeling and even better company! I was pleased with how the new Cherocar build did (until the tow home of course.)

P.S. If any of y'all come across a single car trailer, hmu. Flat-towing is not the solution, kids.
    You are clearly Texan...

Hear is a link to the pictures that t have. Feel free to use elsewhere.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1064719...13/Clayton2014
    Ryan Busa
    CP# 972-281-7106
    rbusatoy@hotmail.com

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Awesome trip as always! Really great to see everybody, wish it was more often. (Maybe we can improve attendance for TCC or another spring/summer run?) All the anticipation and preparation leading up to this trip.....man, I'm never ready for it to be over.

Karl- add broken cell phone to the list for me...haha. While carrying the entire hub, axleshaft, knuckle assembly up the mountain, I slipped and it came down on my leg right where my phone was. oops....

Busa- Thanks for posting all the pics.... I feel honored, your album starts and ends with me breaking ****....haha.

I already have new front springs and knuckles on the way.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.